Default Installing Untangle Lite on top of existing Linux

I already have a running Ubuntu box and like your Untangle. Is there a way to install Untangle Lite on top of the existing Linux server? If yes, How?

Thanks for the help.

There used to be, but no longer.

Untangle is its own distribution. If you want to run multiple OSs on the box, I suggest you try Xen or VMWare.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Well, I don't want to run multiple of OS. I find using all resources of a computer just running Untangle seems a bit wasteful. Can I download the souce code to compile the Untangle and OS separately.

There was a development source available at one point for doing such things but it was considered very advanced and developer only not intended for production use. Think that branch has died off.

Either way what you are going to do will never be supportable. And the untangle updates wont know the differences between your system and their iso. SO it will most likely break with every upgrade of the UT software.

Sky knights suggestion would be your only option that would give you an installation that would be stable on a single platform used for multiple purposes.
    The beatings shall continue until morale improves!

Untangle runs on debian linux. You can probably with a lot of work download the sources (or just the debian pacages) and get a working untangle, but it's not going to be supported, it's not going to be stable, it's going to basically take over the computer anyway, so why not just install the ISO.

If you properly size your hardware, nothing is "wasted."
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Quote Originally Posted by simonk View Post
    Well, I don't want to run multiple of OS. I find using all resources of a computer just running Untangle seems a bit wasteful. Can I download the souce code to compile the Untangle and OS separately.
    why do you feel it is wasteful? it all depends on what you want it to do and what hardware you install it on.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb