Untangler

Question Blackberry Express through Untangle

Need some help... had Blackberry Express Server v4.1.4 running on a SBS Server 2003 and ISA Server 2004. All was working great.

Removed ISA Server 2004 and dropped in an Untangle Server. Untangle Server running like a Champ! But... Blackberry Server stopped communicating with the Blackberry phone. The Blackberry Server Configuration tool can successfully test network connection on port 3101.

Do I need to configure any special Port Forward or Firewall Rule to get this working again? I have looked on this forum and searched the internet without finding a good solution. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you!

I'd just bypass anything destined to blackberry's server.

And before you ask, no I don't know the IP.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

There's nothing special about supporting a BES behind Untangle, and no port-forwards are needed. Have you tried reactivating any devices since the switch? Do you have blocking rules in the firewall?

Untangler

Just installed Untangle and haven't changed the Firewall... just created a couple of Port Forwarding rules for SSL, Remote Web Workplace and SMTP (Port 25)... will try reactivating the BB Device

Untangler

I added a Port Forward Rule for Web (80) to the BB Server... then rebooted the server and it all seems to be working... not sure if the Port 80 Rule fixed it or if I just needed one more reboot after the ISA 2004 uninstall process. Thanks for all the help!

Glad to hear it's working.