Untanglit

Default How to Update using command line

hi guys,

I have a problem resently in my box. I just updated it and web interface has an error: Service unavailable.

I want to update it again using the command line. Can you help me on updating it using the shell commands.

thank you.

regards.

How long ago since you updated it? It may still be in the process of updating. Usually that message is displayed for a little while after the box has updated and rebooted. Once it's finished you will be able to log in.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

You don't, technically it's all just an apt-get but there are other things that go on.

You need to dig into /var/log/uvm/apt.log and see if you can figure out what went wrong.

Or beg support to help you.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

hi guys thank you for your reply. Did it last thursday and then I waited it til friday evening. It was very unusual experience for me. so i just rebooted it manually. Then the problem oocured.

Is there anything that I could solve this problem?

regards.

Quote Originally Posted by warcries View Post
    hi guys thank you for your reply. Did it last thursday and then I waited it til friday evening. It was very unusual experience for me. so i just rebooted it manually. Then the problem oocured.

Is there anything that I could solve this problem?

regards.
    Do as sky suggested and check the apt.log since you have command line access. You may be best to pull it down using something like WinSCP so you can review it on your own box and not through the terminal. Hopefully this will tell you what went wrong. You can also upload that log here for me and the others to review. One of us should be able to spot the problem.
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.