Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cylent View Post
    ok i saw the problem i was having. it would automatically start IF NOT intercepted! so i was right and wrong in some way.
    nevertheless this is a very lame tactic!

Still -- now my Lite package has vanished?

http://youtu.be/l24qAVm5vUo
    it doesn't work like that - did you just rewind your VM or something?

i just did a fresh install under Virtualbox and after the network setup, it stops at the 'Unleash...' screen with the 'Recommended Install' button. you then press button, then login to the store, then the apps start downloading.

you can't download anything unless you either create an account or login to an existing account.

thanks for the video though, it answered our questions.

Also, looking at the video, you clearly already have the Lite Package installed, which means it isn't a new install.
    I'd start with a fresh install.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

guys. this is a fresh install. when i started the video i had just finished completing the ip setup.

How would it have the lite package apps installed then? In the video, you even demonstrate that the apps are already installed.
    Where did you get this vm image?

Anyway, I guess that answers why you can't install the Lite Package. You can't install it if its already installed.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

sorry, come again? where does it show they were installed? the rack is empty.
    at 1:36 you see the rack is empty.
    then at 1:53 i clicked web filter lite
    1:57 virus blocker lite.

and this is the regular iso running on esxi5 not virtualbox;

Being in the rack has nothing to do with being installed on the server.

At :56 if you look at the Web Filter Lite no the left hand side, you'll see it says "install" instead of "more info." This means its already on the server.
    Same with Spyware Blocker, and probably the other free apps.
    Some of the trials are also already installed (premium trial?).

perhaps you should start the video with the download of ISO and creation of the virtual machine...

Untangler

will do. tomorrow. its 11pm baghdad time here and it will have to wait until i get to work tomorrow.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the terribly slow Internet connection. That page that loads has some javascript in it, so it might be some race condition that is causing the submit button to get fired, or it's some weird vmware artifact.

In any case, what is the goal here? If you just want to get the lite package apps in the rack, just install the apps you want from from the left hand side.

Thanks for making the video.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

a bit harsh dont you think? not everyone lives in sunny cali with a ping of 2ms to google.com.

Quote Originally Posted by cylent View Post
    a bit harsh dont you think? not everyone lives in sunny cali with a ping of 2ms to google.com.
    Harsh? I was stating a fact.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast