Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Untangler

Harsh? I was stating a fact.
    then maybe you shouldn't. just because you work for untangle, inc. doesn't give u the right to speak like that to people. i am merely trying to implement this product into my network and i am in need of assistance not smart-ass remarks.

anywho. moving on.

new video. old one removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKwNW3WUrE
    Last edited by cylent; 03-21-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Master Untangler

I see no one in this thread posted anything harsh comments except for the OP. We only try to help and it's difficult with limited information provided. I think you got something right by stating "moving on". Let's moved on and close this thread.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by cylent View Post
    then maybe you shouldn't. just because you work for untangle, inc. doesn't give u the right to speak like that to people. i am merely trying to implement this product into my network and i am in need of assistance not smart-ass remarks.
    I sincerely have no idea what I said that offended you. I'll just keep out of this thread form now on. I've already given you the solution.

Best of luck.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangler

i just spent many hours creating and uploading the videos to prove the problem.

please take this thread seriously!

Untangle Ninja

clyent,

Take a deep breath.

Everyone in this thread wan't to help you and understand the issue.

I just watch your video and i get what you mean.
    I will run some simulations at my end and see how it handle stuff here. (sweden)

And see what observations i can do.

And i am sure if there is a bug Untangle devs will look at it and correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by cylent View Post
    i just spent many hours creating and uploading the videos to prove the problem.

please take this thread seriously!
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is more we can do to help you.

I certainly don't know what the issue is and you just told the one guy probably capable of figuring this out and helping you to stop posting in your thread and that he shouldn't "speak to people like that" and to stop with the "smart-ass" remarks.

That was in response to:

Quote Originally Posted by mrunkel
    I have a feeling this has something to do with the terribly slow Internet connection. That page that loads has some javascript in it, so it might be some race condition that is causing the submit button to get fired, or it's some weird vmware artifact.

In any case, what is the goal here? If you just want to get the lite package apps in the rack, just install the apps you want from from the left hand side.

Thanks for making the video.
    "smart-ass remarks" "speak to people like that"
    Huh?

The untangle platform is free and open source and you're free to use it and play with it. Have fun, knock yourself out. It does not however entitle you troll the untangle forums.

edit: Oh I see whats going on. You logged into your account in the store. If you are logged in the welcome screen starts the download.

From your video, everything gets off track from the setup wizard when you complete step 3 with invalid settings. At this point Untangle is not online and should be.
    I'd run the connectivity test to verify that you are online before going to step 4.

After the wizard, this results in a warning message when you first log in that Untangle is not online. At this point you cut the video and probably connect stuff together so that Untangle is online. Unfortunately, Untangle doesn't *know* its online so it doesn't attempt to re-download the "application available" list.

At this point it looks like you refresh the browser which will start the download of the "application available" list but in the background because its the second login. (because this can take a while on slow internet connections.)
    While this is downloading you login to your account for some reason. (I'm assuming because you are unsure what else to do?) Then you log out and log back in, since you're now logged into the store, the welcome screen will fire off when you view it.

Long story short: don't skip the connectivity test in step 3 in the wizard. I'll probably change the behavior of this step to automatically run it before continuing.
    Last edited by dmorris; 03-21-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I've filed a bug on this issue.

http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10080

The only way to reproduce this behavior is by bring the Untangle online after it has already displayed the GUI, post setup wizard, logging into the store through the my account button, and then refreshing the browser window which launches the welcome wizard splash screen that doesn't expect you to be logged into the store.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Also in 9.2.1
    I also changed the setup wizard to auto-test-connectivity on "Next" and warn if its offline after step 3.
    It allows you to continue but it is not recommended.

I also removed the "My Account" button from the apps list when it is empty. That was a leftover from before the "My Account" button existed at the bottom, but now it isn't needed and in this case made things worse.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

I am also having this issue. Ive built 4 boxes in the last couple of weeks, and the premium package has auto downloaded. Its a pain, please fix!

Quote Originally Posted by melders View Post
    I am also having this issue. Ive built 4 boxes in the last couple of weeks, and the premium package has auto downloaded. Its a pain, please fix!
    Premium package does not auto load. You either logged in your Untangle account or clicked the orange recommended button.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123