vdp
    Untanglit

Default change LAN class from /24 to/16

Hello, I changed my LAN class from /24 (255.255.255.0) to /16 (255.255.0.0).
    When it came to Untangle I tried changing the subnet in Configuration|Network|Interfaces| primary Ip and subnet mask in may internal interface (from 192.168.5.15/24 to 192.168.5.15/16)
    But as soon as I do it I can't reach Untangle and so internet stops.

What I saw is that /etc/network/interfaces are NOT updated.
    Changing subnet mask in /etc/network/interfaces (from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0 in my eth1 which is my internal interface) and leaving primary Ip to /24 or changing ot to /16 and subnet in Configuration|Network|Interfaces doesn't fix . Neither rebooting it works.

But if I just change /etc/network/interfaces and leave Configuration|Network|Interfaces| primary Ip and subnet mask unsetted to /24 it works: of course just machines on the same /24 lan, so i.e. 192.168.4.x are not working.

How should I do? Is there any other place where I should change it?

Regards,
    Leo

Try with the wizard in config/system/support tab.
    By chance the mask is not overlapping the address space in external interface?
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

vdp
    Untanglit

Thank you, the wizard in config/system/support tab could be a good thing, just I'm unsure which kind of settings it is resetting: I mean I've got a lot of firewall, overrides, application control rules and I would like to lose them.
    I know I can restore a backup but I fear a backup is a full backup, so I guess it reload everything, ip address as well.

The external interface is not overlapping. Now I'm trying the wizard in a testing machine.
    Thanks dwasserman, I will let you know.

Leo