Default Package Feature's Differences?

Hello,

I noticed on the download page you can download the file without any license, as a free trial version.

Download the Untangle Server. You can then run any free or paid applications or packages. Paid applications and packages will install with a 14-day trial.
    May I ask, what is the features that you get from only the free (non-paid) applications?

Im wondering whether it would only be useful with the license packages, or is the free applications may serve some good purposes, instead of just taking up space on a server until a license is bought.

I mean if I like what I see from the free open source apps, I may eventually buy the premium package or something.. But that would be a ways down the road, I am curious as to whether it would be useful in its free version until that time at least.

So please feel free to explain any features the free verion provides, and which that you may feel are essential that it lacks.

I would appreaciate any help.
    thanks so much for the time,
    Take care.

Untangle Ninja

Downside with the free apps.
    The WebFilter is only community based and scans only HTTP traffic.
    The Free AV is Clam.

Just running the free works great but if you have tested the paid you will miss the Directory Connector and Policy manager quite fast.. and the Paid WebFilter as users quickly figures out that HTTPS sites aren't block with the free filter.

FYI, There is no "free version" or "paid version" there is just Untangle.

Then you can download whatever apps/packages you like.

Here is a feature breakout of the packages:
    http://www.untangle.com/store/package-comparison
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Okay thank you.
    And yeah I understand there isnt a paid version and a free version, I was just asking what others thought of the differnce of Untangle with paid applications compared to untangle with only free applications.

But now that I see that comparison, I now realize the "lite" package is not for me after all.. A set up with only free applications wont really do me any good compared to other Firewall/Gateway OS's, so I am just gonna go with a personalized copy of OpenBSD or ClearOS or something.

Thanks anyway,
    And appreciate the help guys.
    Take care.