Thread: Cloning Drive

Master Untangler

Default Cloning Drive

I am in the process of building and installing a bunch of untangle boxes that are all identical. My question is this. I have one built and fully setup but when I clone the drive using acronis (on hirens boot cd) it will not boot correctly. It just sits and says grub.
    Now I tried re-installing grub using an ubuntu live disk to no avail. Anyone have any ideas or tried and true methods to clone an untangle install.

Thanks

Master Untangler

are all the machines identical same boards same cards?

Master Untangler

Sure. I made sure to order 19 of the same setups.
    Done this with 100 windows machines before and not had a problem....silly grub.

Master Untangler

havent the foggiest idea to help

mdh

If you cloned them and EVER needed our help, you would be completely out of luck. Every machine you had would have the same identity and there's no way we could help you with one unless you turned EVERY OTHER ONE off. Yu will presumably make some money from your efforts. Take the time to do it right. It will pay off in the long run.

If you are a signed MSP, we can help you with cloning drives for easier deployment.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks for the help....
    These machines are actually for our retail stores so I am really not making any money on them. I just thought it would be easier to clone the drives as I have silver bullets access point solution running in it and that was a bit of a pain.

Well with out any further ideas it looks like I am installing it manually on all 19 ;(