Untanglit

Default Package installs are failing with a jsonrpc error following upgrade to 9.3

Hi

I upgraded my untangle install to 9.3 from 9.2.1 today and everything appears to have gone smoothly except for the spamblocker package failing to be installed after the upgrade and the ability to install it or any other package that wasn't already installed being broken. What I get when I try and install a package now is the following warning popping up:

An exception has occurred:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    com/untangle/uvm/vnet/AbstractNode

Error: at http://172.16.80.254/jsonrpc/jsonrpc...6109594:461:37

and then the package just flashes "loading app" for awhile and then stops. I have a support license with Untangle and have asked for help but no feedback as yet so hoping someone here might have some ideas so I can stop the spam that has been flooding in all day.

Thank you

Untanglit

I'm in no way an Untangle expert...But when I did a clean install last I had modules hanging on installing and strange errors.

I tried using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and all the modules installed straight away with no errors.

It's worth a try maybe while support get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by habbers View Post
    An exception has occurred:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    com/untangle/uvm/vnet/AbstractNode
    If you are receiving this error, it is likely that you are only half-upgraded and that the upgrade has been interrupted. I would contact support with the tab on the right hand side and they can assist you.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Thanks for your replies. I tried IE but response was the same. My support request has been assigned so hopefully will get a response soon.

My Untangle upgraded itself last night and now I have the same problem. WTF, it was fine, now it's broke. I thought MS only did broken upgrades...

Call support. They can help debug and correct any problem they find. ...Unlike MS.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

Same here. It cannot be coincidence and I don't think we have all had a half-upgrade.

Master Untangler

yep... me too after upgrading to 9.3. Spam blocker got de-installed and cannot be installed because i get the same error.

Contact support, we will get it straightened out. Your systems are blocked on upgrade 'cause you installed a patch you didn't need. Just open a ticket with your UID and we'll get it working. -----> over there is the support button.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Yeah, contact us. easy fix. We have to remove some 9.2 logic that is still present on your system from a patch.

Sorry about that. The problematic patch was the 9.2 spam blocker event log. It was fixed in a super early build of 9.2 but we put it on the wiki for those users. I probably shouldn't have because there were probably only one or two.

I didn't realize some people just like to run all patches. I would discourage you from doing this unless actually effected by the issue, and in the future I'll add more version checking to be safe.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.