Default Unable to start download, please contant Untangle support

Just moved my Untangle gateway from a Dell PE1650 to a Dell PE R200. Both running 9.4. I restored the settings from the 1650, logged into the R200 without issue, received a message "Unable to start download, please contact Untangle support" when attempting to install ANY applications.

utfail.jpg

Edit: On the fourth, yes fourth, reboot, UT started downloading applications but now I'm receiving "Unknown internal server error" and the downloads just keep "downloading".
    Last edited by johndball; 07-13-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Well, I don't have any suggestions.

Maybe Untangle Support will?

Jim A.

Master Untangler

Did you install the apps prior to restoring the settings? I believe this is the proper way to handle this.

Restoring to different hardware isn't supported.

However, it does at times work. After the restore the new box will have network configuration based on the old box's settings. This includes the details down to what network cards are installed. You must go into config -> networking -> interfaces, and click the refresh network interfaces link. This will remove the old NICs, and install the new ones. Likely along the way most of your networking settings will be blown to bits, reconfigure them, reboot, and try again.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

was this from the Untangle console itself, or were you administering it remotely through a web browser? if the latter, i'd think it was an issue with addons or plugins.

if you're still having this issue, please file a ticket with Untangle Support and we'll figure out what the problem is.

Out of the blue it started working. Sorry for not replying sooner, I didn't get notified that people responded to the thread.

I was logged in with the web browser.

I might not be in the clear after all. Suddenly yesterday, for no apparent reason, UT just stopped passing all traffic. I couldn't hit any of my internal servers and nothing inside the domain could get out. After multiple reboots nothing was resolved.

I exported the current settings and immediately restored current settings. This resolved all the problems that I was experiencing. There is something more going on and I'm not skilled enough to dig down under the hood for this one.

see title of this thread.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com