Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default New Installation --- Freezes the whole network

Hi,
    I have just install Untangle with two Interfaces, External and Internal and selected Transparent Mode.. and I have noticed the whole networks freezes and Core Switch Utilization goes very high.

Any help?
    Thanks,

Master Untangler

Sounds like a broadcast storm. Do you have both NICs plugged into the same switch?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yep, you plugged it in wrong.

So, you'll want to revisit your cabling, ensure that Untangle is connected between the edge router and the switch, and no where else.
    You'll probably also want to enable spanning tree on that switch so your users can't do this by mistake and take out the network too, people love to install little small switches all over the place!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

hello,

thanks for your response.. I have installed it in a virtual machine, its having one vNIC from DMZ as External and one vNIC from Internal Network. It seems when I go through the Setup Wizard, I have selected Transparent Mode which Bridged the Internal Network to the External Network and created this loop "Network Storm".

I have accessed the Config and Networking tab and selected edited the Interfaces IPs manually as External (wan) and Internal Interfaces.. I'm afraid to connect the Internal interface now as Loop might happen again.. Waiting for Friday and will connect it to see how it will works.

Will post back the feedback.

Thanks

Untangler

Hello,
    I'm tried it with this:

I have configured Untangle with two interfaces, external and Internal. The external network comes from our DMZ on 192.168.20.140 and the Internal network from our core switch vLAN 192.168.10.140. External is the WAN interface.

I have added Static Route for the WiFi Clients who sets in 10.10.14.0/24 network as 10.10.14.0/24 via 192.168.10.1 Clients can reach Untangle internal Interface 192.168.10.140 and Untangle can reach to 10.10.14.0 network.

But I cannot access the internet from the WiFi Clients... If I setup and client on having 192.168.10.x network along with 192.168.10.140 as Gateway and our Local DNS Servers, the Internet will works for them fine.

How can I allow the WiFi network to access the Internet via Untangle?

Sat Sep 21 2013 15:09:31 GMT+0300 (Arab Standard Time)
    Testing DNS ... OK
    Testing TCP Connectivity ... FAILED
    Sat Sep 21 15:09:31 AST 2013 - Test Failure!

Please urgent help is require.

Thanks,

Hussain,

I am sorry, I have no quick answers for you.

You do not say which version of Untangle you are running.

Since VM is not supported by Untangle, (and not generally not recommended) you are going to have to work that out on your own, when you don't have the pressure of the Internet being down.

And it may be that this can be worked out, but we will need a network diagram in order to help. We have a saying, 'a picture is worth a thousand words'. But when we are working between languages, the diagram is essential.

Jim A.
    If you think I got Grumpy

Untangler

Hello,
    It's not 1:1 NAT issue? As I can reach to the Internal IP of Untangle without any issue but I cannot ping outside such as 4.2.2.2 nor I can access the internet...

If I understand correctly, you have UT in bridge mode, so there is no NAT in UT...
    If you think I got Grumpy

Untangler

If I put it in transparent mode, it creates the network storm. So, how can UT installed and allow specific vLAN to go through UT?
    Thanks,

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by habibalby View Post
    If I put it in transparent mode, it creates the network storm. So, how can UT installed and allow specific vLAN to go through UT?
    Thanks,
    Plug it in correctly?

You need to have Untangle INLINE between your network you want to monitor/protect and the other networks.... It only works this way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast