Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    Since the only way to remove the so called temporary bypass is to reboot, we have to reboot about 5-10 times a day after each student is done doing research.

Lannie
    Have you filed a bug on this? I'm unclear on what the issue is.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangle Ninja

From what I've read it is not a bug. That is the way it's programmed to work. I would consider it a bug however.

Lannie

Then I would file a bug, the worst that can happen is we reject it. But at least you'll know one way or another... Maybe you'll even get a work around from one of the developers.

bugzilla.untangle.com

Just explain what happens now and what you'd like to happen. I'm pretty sure the unblock for now button is temporary, so i'm even sure what you're referring too.

You shouldn't need to reboot your system 5-10 times a day.
    Last edited by mrunkel; 05-19-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: bad typing
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

I am not sure if this has been changed, or is now outdated, but I have been referring back to the reboot due to the post by dmorris: http://forums.untangle.com/web-filte...ure-v-6-a.html
    Stating at that time, the only way to remove the bypass was a reboot. I am not sure if this is what other posters are referring to as well? Is this information still valid or has this changed?

i've been informed that I'm out of touch. It is the case. Let me see if I can find some work around for you all.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:

WOW, and I thought I was the only one that was that way "out of touch"!

I just disable that button... end users shouldn't be ok'ing potentially infected links. It seems to be to be a better practice to use a second rack that is less strict and set it on a time rotation, or manually flipped into place if needed.

That is assuming you can't just white list a few sites and make it work.

However, the topic is on point...

The definition of "temporary" by that button means "until untangle reboots." "Temporary" for most of us means perhaps a 15min window. Or even better, a configurable window.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456