Exclamation Untangle 10.1 On VMware Esxi 5.5 Free Version crashes whole network.

Hello I need help, I crashed my network trying to run untangle 10.1 on VMware esxi 5.5 free version, and I need help to bring my network back to life, because I will be in trouble if it is down due to it is a production network, I set untangle to bridge mode due to I already have a dhcp, etc. on my server2012r2 machine, and have a iboss home router as my router, and every time I start untangle up it totally crashes my network and therefore everything is down, my router is down, my server is down, my dsl modem is down, everything is down. I even tried to shut down the pc VMware was running on to bring it back up by holding the power button in for 15 sec. and then leaving it plugged in, but my network still hasn't come back to life, and also if you need this info about how VMware networking is setup, it is setup with only two physical nics in the physical VMware system and one nic is dedicated to the management network which isn't connected to untangle, and then another vswitch is dedicated solely for untangle with two virtual vswitch all tied to the one physical nic left in the machine for assignment. please help me, please get this network back up. thank you.

Master Untangler

You just created a broadcast storm. You will need to rethink that setup. One nic for both sides of untangle will not work in your setup

Sent from my Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by pirateghost View Post
    You just created a broadcast storm. You will need to rethink that setup. One nic for both sides of untangle will not work in your setup

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Ok, so you are saying I need to go get another nic card then for just untangle? and have those 2 nics dedicated to untangle then? ok, I will could you tell me where I can get a pci-e gigabit nic for untangle cheap?
    Thank you.

Untangle Ninja

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/U...ance_on_VMware

You will need to add new virtual NICs and connect them to the appropriate vSwitches. Warning! Two Bridged Interfaces to the same vSwitch will crash your ESX server. Each Untangle NIC should be connected to it's own vSwitch. Each vSwitch should be connected to it's own Physical NIC, or at least be separated by VLAN tagging at the physical NIC level.

mastermindpro likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Been thinking about deploying Untangle as a VM. Wow, that's a useful link, Thank you!

Classic Video Dirk!