Default Untangle can't get online

I've just tried installing untangle on the free trial. The untangle server cannot access the internet. It is set up in bridged mode behind my firewall. It can ping the firewall, also my test client can ping both the untangle server and the firewall.

Setup

Untange Box. Bridged mode. IP 21.0.0.253 /24
    Firewall IP 21.0.0.254 /24

I have not set the External interface of Untangle to be a WAN interface because well basically it's not. Is this the problem? Also I have removed the NAT feature because the firewall does the NAT, I have ensured there is a NAT rule for this network.

The Untangle external interface connects to the firewall internal interface and then should get passed through to the internet. Nothing is being blocked as far as I can see on the firewall logs.

I tried setting a last resort rule in Untangle but it seems to make no difference. i.e. 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 /24 21.0.0.254

So I guess my question is before I start pulling everything apart from the beginning and making sure i'm not doing anything wrong on the firewall is there anything that you guys can tell I've overlooked on the Untangle side of things?

Ok I don't know how to delete the thread so I'll just post my mistake.

I think I was confused about the "is wan interface" terminology. I basically thought that would mean it wanted to be a PPPoE dialer or whtaever.

Anyway I ticked the box, put the firewall IP in as the gateway and set some DNS servers and it's all good now.