Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Untangle 11 incoming mail stops after about 30 minutes

I setup an Untangle 11 Box with just spam lite and virus lite. I have an Exchange 2013 email server behind the untangle. For about the 1st 30 minutes email flows into Exchange fine. Then it suddenly stops. I can see that the mail reaches the Untangle via the reports for the spam lite. I only have the spam filter lite marking the emails, no delete or quarantine. When the email stops flowing, the memory use is very low and the cpu use is also low, so I don't feel I have a high resource issue. I can send email from exchange and I can receive local emails, but nothing from outside the network. Initially turning off the spam filter lite had no effect. I went ahead and turned off smtp filter from the system tab, and this resolved the issue. I turned everything back on and it worked for about 35 minutes and then the same issue. This time though turning off spam lite and smtp filtering had no effect. Rebooting Untangle had no effect. Later I noticed that emails would start to come in but be about 2.5-3 hours after being sent. I switched back to the router I had installed before and email flow worked normally right away. Any thoughts? suggestions?

Are you using TLS on the Exchange server?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Yes I am using TLS. I should mention I have an identical setup at another office, Exchange 2013, Untangle 11, etc. It is working fine.

Verify "Allow and ignore TLS sessions" is checked on Spam Lite

Actually it isn't, on either Untangle box. However one works perfectly and one doesn't at all. It seems from reading it's description that checking it would allow the possibility for a lot of spam to come through.

If you have TLS emails coming in and that setting is not enabled, those emails will be blocked.

Technically if you do not allow TLS, then the TLS advertisement will be removed.
    Most servers correctly then just do SMTP without TLS since the server said it did not support it.

Some people configure their servers to do *only* TLS, which will fail if you don't allow TLS.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

There are a handful of places that will only communicate via TLS, Wellsfargo.com is one of them.

Fortunately, it's pretty easy using the event log to figure out what happened and build in a bypass.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Unfortunately I am not just missing an email or two in this instance. Email flows fine for about 30 minutes and then all mail flow just stops. Then occasionally some mail will come through but be 2-3 hours behind when it was sent. I tried a different piece of hardware in the meantime and switched from 64 bit Untangle 11 to 32 bit Untangle 11 and STILL had the same result.

Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast