Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by RJonesUSC View Post
    Untangle installed without a hitch on a DL360 G6. All that was needed was a driver for the NIC that can be found here.
    I have 7.1 installed on a stock DL380 G3. 6 scsi drives in Raid 5.
    I just put the UT disk in and did the advanced install to use all of the drive and it works. Never had to hack anything.

Lannie

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    I have 7.1 installed on a stock DL380 G3. 6 scsi drives in Raid 5.
    I just put the UT disk in and did the advanced install to use all of the drive and it works. Never had to hack anything.

Lannie
    I'm new to untangle and currently have my test box on a spare desktop I had laying around (working great with about 30 users btw), and in the event that my trial goes well I'd like to put it all all 11 of my locations. I'd need 11 boxes to run it, and I've found some servers that I'd like to use. Since I've never posted before I can't post a link, BUT the servers i'd to use are at geeks dot com in the server section, and here's the description: HP ProLiant DL360 G3 Dual Xeon 3.2GHz 4GB 2x36GB 10K SCSI
    CD FDD 1U Server w/Video & Dual GbLAN - No Operating System

Reading your comment gives me hope that they'd work without any hacks, but if not, would you agree that with the information in this thread there is a high probability that they would work? I'm thinking about buying 1 to try before buying all 11 supposing my 4 week test period goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by paulthepwner View Post
    and I've found some servers that I'd like to use. Since I've never posted before I can't post a link, BUT the servers i'd to use are at geeks dot com in the server section, and here's the description: HP ProLiant DL360 G3 Dual Xeon 3.2GHz 4GB 2x36GB 10K SCSI
    CD FDD 1U Server w/Video & Dual GbLAN - No Operating System .
    Runs very well on it, that's what we're running our UT on at the office, a DL360 G3, standard onboard NICs.

I have it running on some other Proliant DL servers...320's too, and different G vintanges.
    Check out my post on page 2 of this thread regarding installing the HP agents for linux to "quiet down the fans"
    http://forums.untangle.com/hardware/...-ut-7-1-a.html

Upon installing UT, you'll find most of the Proliant 1U servers will "scream" loudly with their fans. As soon as you download the Lenny Deliverables from HPs website (link in that thread I linked above..page 2 of the thread)..and follow those instructions..it will quiet down very nicely. Runs rock solid on that box.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Runs very well on it, that's what we're running our UT on at the office, a DL360 G3, standard onboard NICs.

I have it running on some other Proliant DL servers...320's too, and different G vintanges.
    Check out my post on page 2 of this thread regarding installing the HP agents for linux to "quiet down the fans"

Upon installing UT, you'll find most of the Proliant 1U servers will "scream" loudly with their fans. As soon as you download the Lenny Deliverables from HPs website (link in that thread I linked above..page 2 of the thread)..and follow those instructions..it will quiet down very nicely. Runs rock solid on that box.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. How many users are you running on your setup(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by paulthepwner View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. How many users are you running on your setup(s)?
    In our office just 4x workstations full time, 8 servers with various things going on, WSUS, antivirus update server, terminal servers, heavy Exchange server, our service tech hits Windows updates heavily.

Right now I'm at a nursing home client of mine, on a 10 meg pipe, they have Untangle running on a Proliant DL320 G2, network of about 80 nodes, local Exchange server. Runs smooth.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456