Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Untangle hasn't told us what the timer is for a device to fall off, but if devices do fall off the remainder stop being bypassed.
    After some testing it seems the timer is about 30 minutes for a device to fall off.

Master Untangler

2) V11 tracked active device count along with highest since reboot, while V12 tracks Currently Active, Maximum Active and Known Devices. I assume Currently Active is that is used to count towards the licensing? Seamed like it was over 30 mins for it to be Currently Active, then it drops off if it hasn't been seen again?

I trying to see what one would need to make sure that everything is getting filtered, is there a report which tracks the active devices, showing how many are bypassed, etc. Is that the Host Viewer? Looks like it was called Host Table Size in V11 and Active Hosts in V12? Don't see anything that shows bypassed devices, or unknown hosts.

Reports > Host Viewer > Active Hosts

Its technically not 30 or 60 or whatever minutes; its midnight to midnight. In reality it may set them to "non-active" faster.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Maximum Active maps to the old "Highest since reboot". If you are contemplating offering public wifi, and are concerned that public devices should never be bypassed, this is the number you want to pay attention to. Run that for a few months, and you'll get a sense for which band you need. I was, shall we say, NOT HAPPY when my current 1500 tier vanished with the new pricing, but after upgrading from v11 to v12 and watching this number following one of our largest public visit weekends here on campus, I'm confident I won't have problems at the 1000 tier if I can't just renew my old sub.

Of course, there's a chicken vs the egg catch 22 here. In order to know what tier I need, I had to run for a long time already licensed at some tier or other.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    Of course, there's a chicken vs the egg catch 22 here. In order to know what tier I need, I had to run for a long time already licensed at some tier or other.
    I've got a client in Tuscon doing that right now, living on a rebuild old Dell server for no other reason than to give me 6 months of tracking so I can license them properly.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

What's the upper limit on the number of devices for a 'Home' NG Firewall license?

Quote Originally Posted by jwright View Post
    What's the upper limit on the number of devices for a 'Home' NG Firewall license?
    https://forums.untangle.com/announce...tml#post201241
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12