Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, I tired again. Blew away the raid and reconfigured. Booted first with gparted to make sure the entire virtual disk was visible. Then ran a fresh install with Untangle. Gparted sees 3.64tb. Untangle only shows 984.17. Not sure what to try next. Any ideas? Attaching screenshots.
    gparted.jpgutDisk.jpg

Master Untangler

And you made sure the BIOS, PERC firmware, and drive firmware was all up to date?
    ...Rick

I ran through the Dell lifecycle controller update 3 or 4 times but I will double check it tomorrow to verify. Pretty sure everything was up to latest and greatest.

I didn't do anything to drive firmware. They are not Dell drives. I think they are standard WD Blues but have to check that tomorrow.

I would assume (I know what that does) that if gparted sees it as 3 + tb then Untangle should too. I might try to boot again with gparted and expand the drive post Untangle install and see what happens. This box isn't' in production yet (will be soon though).

OK some additional info- booted into gparted and found that 2.7tb is partitioned as linux-swap. I'm not a linux guy but I googled that. I understand what it does but that seems excessive. Especially when we have 256g of ram.

Any advice? Should I just use gparted and extend the ext4 partition? Will that break something I'm not aware of? And if I should extend it what do you think I should do for size? I am attaching a screenshot. Btw...we really do appreciate all the help!

2016-06-21_210149.jpg

The default installer will attempt to use at least the RAM volume in swap. How much RAM does that system have?

*Edit* Ok, yes it's your RAM volume that's causing the issue, you're going to have to use expert partitioning and manually partition the system.

Please check your PMs for some detail on how to do this.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 06-21-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

256g...it is a server leftover from a virtualization project that never got used. We are tuning it into an Untangle box.

Cross post, please read my edit, and give me a moment to type the PM.

*Edit* PM Sent
    Last edited by sky-knight; 06-21-2016 at 07:56 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12