Thread: Clean Install?

Default Clean Install?

Its been a week now and I am still not getting the upgrade so I am considering a clean install. Just wondering about how to restore the online backup and the assignment of the NICs I currently have. Will the backup restore the interfaces to the proper NICs based on MAC address?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mlines; 09-12-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Just be patient, or contact support to be in the priority upgrade queue.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I did put in my PM request to be added to the queue the day after the announcement per the instructions but it must be a pretty long queue.

Master Untangler

It takes time. I'm in the priority queue and haven't been upgraded either.

I've never liked untangle's extremely slow (in my opinion) rollout scheme, but it is what it is. It happens eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've waiting as long as 9 weeks. Be patient, it will come.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 8GB with Untangle 12.2 to protect 200Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Slow upgrades are happy upgrades. Have you seen some of the show stopping bugs that cropped up with v13 when it shipped?

Better that's on a small collection of units instead of half the installation base.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Well, I would argue that it shouldn't come out of beta until it has been seeded to enough people to help ensure it doesn't have show stopping bugs... Clearly that doesn't happen 100% with just the people that beta test.

I realize testing and releases are hard - it is impossible to get 100% coverage of hardware and configurations that exist in the wild.

But doing a larger test group when it is to release candidate quality would help with that. And it would be optically more transparent than the "soft" releases that most would argue really aren't "releases" at all as they don't actually happen until weeks or moths later (unless you want to manually clean install).

Just my opinion. The world doesn't end for me either way.
    Sam Graf likes this.

I don't believe Untangle ships with known bugs. But you don't know what you don't know, ya know?
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 8GB with Untangle 12.2 to protect 200Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

I know Untangle upgrades have been held in the past for many reasons, and honestly after so many years I simply no longer care.

When I started working with Untangle back with version 5.2, upgrades were a risk. You planned for them, backed things up, had contingencies in place. It was a process.

Today, Untangle upgrades are safer than Windows updates. The only time I bother to worry about them are the few updates that involve OS or kernel changes. So honestly I don't care that updates take awhile to roll out, that's part of the reason why there's no real effort or risk anymore. I'm not about to apply pressure for faster upgrades, I'd rather have safer upgrades. Because I'm lazy darn it!
    NexgenAppliances.com