Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by doudoufr View Post
    Thanks but,
    1) where did you see I have an edge router ?
    2) when I use the bridge mode, it crashes my networks and my ISP router.

So i'm using the router mode but with the DHCP handled by my ISP router. My question is : do I need to configure route or Something for the traffic to be handled by the untangle VM ?
    1.) the thing that says fiber, that's an edge router... meaning the routing device at the edge of your network, and where the Internet IP address lives. If you want that thing doing DHCP, that's further reason to not use Untangle as a router. Double NAT is bad...

2.) That's because you didn't follow my instructions and you have it plugged in wrong. Why don't you take a patch cable and plug it into your switch twice, you'll find the same result. Don't cross the streams.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

hi
    thanks for the explanation.
    But i did that.
    i talked about it in the first post. I unplugged anything
    then
    i plug a cable from my isp router to the esx server and then a cable from the server to the switch.
    But it crashes ! don't know why.
    i will try again. Maybe i did Something wrong.

Also note that i'm not English. So please use explicit term. Otherwise i will not understand or mis-understand. :-(
    By the way, happy Thanksgiving i think :-)

Then check your virtual switching, something is connecting the two ports on your vSphere server other than Untangle.

You're dealing with the single most difficult technical thing you can possibly do with any virtual network appliance.

Double check all the physical and virtual connections, follow the path, link by link. There cannot be any loops. And I cannot be more specific because the fault is buried in your virtual networking somewhere.

Your network is crashing due to a broadcast storm, it's a very common thing with Untangle bridges. And it creates a very specific circumstance that's coming through very loud and clear even with the language barrier.

So once again, please work through your networking and make sure that you can draw an unbroken line from your ISP router, to your vSphere server, into Untangle, out of your vSphere server, to your switch.

You must dedicate an interface on your vSphere server to Internet stuff, and dedicate another to local network stuff, the two ports cannot be doing the same thing, and they both cannot be plugged into your switch.

If they ever are... well... broadcast storm and network crash.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-24-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    Kyawa likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

So, i'm doing it all over again

vmwarelan.jpg

It seems to work i think, but now, i have a message in untangle saying :
    Brdige [External => Internal] maybe backwards. Gateway is on internal.

And the both networks card have the same MAC address on untangle . But not if I click on remap interface.
    untangle-interfaces.jpg

For me they are good, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong here.
    d6:8a in on internal
    d6:80 is on external

I'm lost.
    i already tried to swap, but doing so result in no access to everything (no more access to the untangle interface, no access to the esxi interface....)

So, by doing so, i have
    * no internet connexion on my xbox (no IP, well, one with 169.XXX.XXX.XXX)
    * the same for my computer if connected through the switch (no good IP). I have to connect my computer directly to the ISP router...
    * can't access the others devices in my network; even if they have an ip on my ISP router ! ( for example, i can ping my nas on the untangle interface (troobleshooting) but can't access it in Windows from my computer... From my computer (with cmd) i can't ping it.

So...Nothing is working in this configuration
    Last edited by doudoufr; 11-25-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Master Untangler

by the way, with this config, the wifi from my ISP router will go through untangle or not ?
    Last edited by doudoufr; 11-25-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doudoufr View Post
    by the way, with this config, the wifi from my ISP router will go through untangle or not ?
    No, wifi from ISP routers will not be filtered since the traffic from the ISP router wifi is not pass through the Untangle.

I just have my Comcast modem wifi turned off and use the wifi interface on my Untangle.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Not clear on the cabling. Do you have the cable from your router plugged into external? Are you still forcing your Untangle IP to a different subnet? If you plug a PC directly into the same port as you now have the caboe connecting the router to the Untangle box, do you get an IP?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Kyawa View Post
    Not clear on the cabling. Do you have the cable from your router plugged into external? Are you still forcing your Untangle IP to a different subnet? If you plug a PC directly into the same port as you now have the caboe connecting the router to the Untangle box, do you get an IP?
    1) yes external direct from the router To untangle
    2) no untangle in bridge mode, so same subnet as my isp router

As sky-knight recommended, go one step at a time. What does Config -> Network -> Interfaces page look like? Post a screen shot. I would recommend only having the cable between your router and Untangle device plugged in.

Master Untangler

here it is:
    untangle-interfaces-lan.jpg

But, if I want my isp router to also give me wifi and this wifi to be "protected" by untangle, how should I do that ?
    bridge mode is a no go, right ?
    i have to use the router mode of untangle ?
    And If i place the untangle in the DMZ of my ISP router, it will be good right ?

But first, just let's try to fix this scenario. (where untangle is in bridge mode)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast