Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Master Untangler

my isp router is on 192.168.1.254, so it shouldn't be an issue.

I guess I would try to follow Untangle's documentation. Router as .1; Untangle as .2; DHCP start at .3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The IP address is fine, documentation cannot tell the entire story.

The virtual networking is incorrect somewhere, and these forums do not have the bandwidth required to troubleshoot this issue further.

It is now suggested to the OP that he abandon his desire to virtualize Untangle, or contact a local partner that can assist him in tracking down his issue. Were I in the room with this network, I could have this resolved in less than an hour. But these blasted forums just cannot get the job done, and even over the phone I'd be on it for several hours to work through this.

I wasn't kidding when I said this stuff is hard. My next suggestion would be to verify that Untangle itself has internet connectivity, but that cannot be done easily because vSphere is in the way.

It's simply not plugged in correctly, and there's no amount of screen shots that are going to take us on a tour of the OPs system with sufficient detail to find the fault. If any one thing isn't configured correctly, these results are expected... it just won't work. The lack of DHCP tells the story, the broadcast domain isn't making it to the local router, which means something isn't connected properly.

That's what really stinks here, this is one of those stupid simple idiot errors that makes all our hair fall out. And if I could see the network, I'd probably find the fault in 10 seconds or less. But, it's on the other end of the planet, and we've got a language barrier plus forums in the way.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-25-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Kyawa likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Trust me. I know it's hard.

Your ESXI virtual network looks okay to me. Do you have Promiscuous mode enabled on your vSWITCHES that have an untangle virtual nic attached? I run Untangle under ESXI and I do not use Promiscuous mode but I use router mode. With your setup I believe you have to have Promiscuous mode enabled for Bridge mode.
    Last edited by abailey; 11-25-2017 at 09:48 PM.

You don't need promiscuous mode for router mode, but you do need it for bridge.
    abailey likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

hi
    :-(
    Yes promiscuous is enabled.

Master Untangler

hi everyone.

So, i was playing with my esxi, and try to passthrough my nic to esxi (I saw a guy who did that on YouTube to install untangle). Then no more access to esxi, so I had to reset the config. And recreate everything. (the nic and vswitch and group ports)

And guess, what ?? now, untangle works!
    The problem is the nics are not named the same way in exsi or untangle. (the physical nics are called 1 & 2 on the machine, but called Vm0something and Vm1something in esxi and 0 & 1 in untangle.)
    I think it was my management network that was on the same as untangle external.

i'm so happy I succeeded ! :-)
    Thanks everyone :-)
    abailey likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345