Question Slow Down untangle boot process

Hi everyone,

I'm using Untangle at home and it works great. Very happy with the setup. I have only 1 issue that I hope someone could help me with...

I lost power over the weekend. I have my Modem and the Untangle router on a UPS, however, it didn't last the 2 hours. When power came back, Untangle booted so fast, my modem didn't even finish syncing with my ISP. Untangle never got an IP from the ISP. I let it "bake" for 20 minutes, however, I had to manually edit the WAN interface and click "Renew DHCP Lease". Not a big deal, but if I'm away, I'm not sure my wife would know what to do.

Is there an approved method to force Untangle to either renew the DHCP lease after a certain time if it doesn't have an IP, or put a 30 seconds pause at boot so that the modem can finish syncing in case of power failure?

Thanks

Some BIOS have the ability to show the boot up screen for a long specified time.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Some BIOS have the ability to show the boot up screen for a long specified time.
    Sadly, I don't have that option...

That's why they make power sequencers, plug this thing in and configure a time delay. Put the cable modem on port 1, Untangle on port 2, configure the delay you need between. The linked unit has a max of 4 second delay, so the last outlet would fire up 28 seconds after the first at most. A better unit would grant more control, but this is the sort of thing you're looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PS900-Co...ower+sequencer

Alternately I suppose you might be able to hack up the grub configuration to increase the boot timeout... but I've been loathe to touch it since Grub 2 happened.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 12-04-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

A Power Sequencer is a good idea, but a bit too expensive for what I want to do.

I changed the Grub 2 Timeout and should fix the issue.

Cheers