Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Master Untangler

it doesn't change anything.
    the pb is this IP is shown when it shouldn't. That's the pb.
    The question is WHY ?

This IP is from my VM, ok, but, when it's OFF, it shouldn't be here....
    i'm just a home user, and i try to understand.....

Untangle Ninja

I disagree. It changes nothing if and only if we all agree that something must be wrong with the session viewer or session tracking system in Untangle. That’s a session bug hunt, plain and simple.

But you can see by the range of possible problems in the replies (from you’ve been hacked to everything looks fine) that nobody immediately believes the session viewer to be in any way at fault. So, the problem is unclear to at least some of us.

I highly doubt there's a bug in the session viewer. It is possible, but I use that silly thing almost daily and never seen anything like this.

It doesn't lie, if it sees a session sourced from an address, destined to another address and it tracks a packet over a port, it happened as you see it.

Which means something with 1.7 connected to Windows Update, by bouncing off the external interface... which is honestly baffling because bridge mode cannot route.

Then again, perhaps that's the key? Bridge mode... I don't have any Untangle bridges in service that I actively support. So my experience wouldn't be likely to see this bug, if it actually existed.

And given the screen shot we're talking about several TCP sessions that have been established, but aren't moving any actual data. Which makes sense because anything outside of Untangle wouldn't be sending data through Untangle... which begs the question of how the session was logged by Untangle to begin with.

Need a network map.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight
    ... which begs the question of how the session was logged by Untangle to begin with.
    Precisely. I’d be curious about the VM Untangle is running in, given the odd things here.

Master Untangler

i opened a ticket with the support.
    They don't know (for now) why this IP appears when the VM is off....It shouldn't....

i resolve the "external" things (i misconfigured the network card for this VM : it was on external).
    But it doesn't explains why, when this VM is off, it kept showing in the session viewer. Only a reboot of the untangle solved this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234