Untanglit

Default Internet connectivity failing

Hi, I have installed Untangle in vmware workstation. I wanted to install and test security apps available with Untangle which asks for registration and log in. For that i need internet access. Since I don't have internet access in my host , i tried connecting to external dongle for internet access, have installed the driver in host machine and hence able to connect to internet from host. Now i have connected this dongle to my Untangle.

I installed Untangle using the boot from CD ISO method. I was able to complete the installation. It recognizes my internal and external port. I have set the IP of the external interface to be Auto(DHCP), it shows Untangle IP as 192.168.2.187, Network 255.255.255.0 and Primary DNS Server 192.168.2.1. When i do connectivity tests it shows as failed. Without internet access i would not be able to connect to app store. Please help in connecting to internet using dongle!

You can not use a dongle.
    I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen

Untanglit

So it means i should have internal connection in my host.

If internet connection is there in host, will it be possible to connect to app store from Untangle which is in vm?

Untangle only gets Internet via its WAN port, So I would dedicate a network card for untangl WAN then the host gets internet from untangle not the other way round
    Last edited by Chrismal; 03-13-2018 at 04:44 AM.
    I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen