Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    Here is the how to

Im doing now the procedure to my G5 in work and i will inform if i am successful...

Edit: Nope the trick doesnt work in 6.7, my cpu at least is out so i get a halt saying that cpu is not supported anymore, i had that info in 6.5 also but it was able to proceed. It seems that we must both get rid of that G5.
    I looked into this more and the vmkernal (going by memory here) for the external port withing esxi is pulling a outside ip address. However the untangle is not getting that ip. Its not pulling a IP at all. The inside IP is static so that is good but not sure why the outside ip should in esxi but not with the application.

Untangler

So this thread goes to the bottom of the pile. Nobody has anything?

Quote Originally Posted by mbohnenk View Post
    So this thread goes to the bottom of the pile. Nobody has anything?
    I stopped digging more because i suppose we will have troubles. I mean maybe there is a way to support 6.7 on this old server by altering the install of esxi but i foresee problems with this because we don't speak here for just a driver replacement with an older one but altering the kernel of esxi which is a nogo for me.
    Ml 350g5 has limit the 6.5 and i accepted that by removing that server from the cluster and i have left it alone. I lost vmotion etc but i can shutdown and move to it any virtual i want from my others esxi hosts by hand. This old dog serves my company well from 2007 so maybe it's time for it to rest.

Untangler

This isn't a old server though. Its a HP G8. ESXi 6.7 runs fine but the untangle getting a ip address. Got to be a check box somewhere I'm missing. The Vkernal shows a outside IP so why doesn't the untangle port pick that up?

I am no expert in ESXi, I am not even an IT professional but I had no problem in getting Untangle and pfSense running in ESXi.

What really helped me was to have an "internal" ESXi topology (you can see mine here)

Untangler

I have untangle 13.2 working on a old hp g5 esxi 6.0 just fine. Moving to hp g8 server with esxi 6.7. Can't gtt the ip to passthrough to the vm and the network ports I assigned (internal and external) show connected for a while then the revert back to the vm network

How many "vkernels" you have? In my simple system I have only one, "vmk0" that is bound to the "defaultTcpipStack" which is used for ESXi itself. The Untangle VM only has "port groups" that are "wired" to vSwitches.

I have untangle 13.2 working on a old hp g5 esxi 6.0 just fine. Moving to hp g8 server with esxi 6.7. Can't gtt the ip to passthrough to the vm and the network ports I assigned (internal and external) show connected for a while then the revert back to the vm network
    Just a thought.
    ShutDown Untangle and move the VM to the G8 then edit it and delete the network cards, say ok and then reedit it and add them again. Be sure to add the netcards as E1000 nics.
    If you want before the delete of the lan cards copy paste their mac addresses and when you readd them put in each one the old mac address.

Untangler

I have 3 vkernals 0 is management 1 is internal untangle port 2 is external untangle port. They are configured to the vswitches as well.

Untangler

I have 3 vkernals 0 is management 1 is internal untangle port 2 is external untangle port. They are configured to the vswitches as well.
    Capture 1.JPGCapture 3.JPGCapture 4.JPGCapture.JPG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast