Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master Untangler

That’s the way the wizard set mine up as well. Eth0 addressed with static WAN checked and NAT checked. Then I set Eth1 bridged to external.

That's the way the wizard setup my bridge as well. Is your's working ok after the 14 upgrade? I killed the Lab VLAN2 config for now. I'm wondering if I need to do a complete reinstall from scratch to get this going again.
    Anyone else doing bridge mode with version 14?

If you want your server to work, you need to configure it properly. The wizard did not configure you that way. It is also not a bridge, based on the screen shots you've shown.

So if you want the thing to work, you need to figure out how you want it to work and configure it. Bridge mode doesn't mean anything special, it just means the Internal interface is bridged to External, External is then DHCP or static, and NEVER PPPoE.

I suppose a nuke and reconfigure might fix it too, if only because you'll have to reconfigure the thing from scratch and from a new working set of defaults you'll end up in a functional place. But that's not a fix, that's just pushing the thing over and landing in a good place by accident.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Sky-Knight,

Not trying to argue with you but after the wizard completed that's what I got (except for the Lab ports which I did). Anyway, after a reset and choosing the bridge mode I got pretty much the same thing. Don't really know what else to tell you.
    Can you send a screen shot of what a bridge connection is suppose to look like?

Somewhere in here I misread one of your screenshots, I thought PPPoE was enabled on one of your NICs, which means no bridge.

Your screen shots indicate External-Default-LAN is disconnected, as that is the interface with 192.168.1.0/24 on it, anything bridged to it won't work. Connect that interface to the appropriate network. Sorry about that, apparently I need to go to bed.

I also see another interface set to 192.168.2.116, Untangle's bridge mode requires Multi-WAN modules to operate two bridges. So if you don't have those, you're going to have to stop doing that.

But yes, both "external" interfaces are addressed, as you indicate and the NAT box should be enabled by default, but it won't really do much. You're not working because you've either goofed up the source NAT rules in WAN Balancer, or you've not physically connected the device properly as indicated by your external interfaces reading disconnected. In short, the NAT box has nothing to do with your situation, and I have no idea how this configuration ever worked.

I'd start by checking your cabling, I don't see how the upgrade did anything here except perhaps reboot something and clear out cruft that somehow made it work. But to have an Untangle bridge work, you need a fully configured network interface, aimed at the Internet, with something else bridged to it connected to the equipment you want filtered. Both interfaces have to be online for the bridge to "work". And again, you cannot have two bridges aimed at two different IP ranges, not without Wan Balancer configured perfectly.

Sorry for the confusion there, apparently I need to go to bed.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 07-21-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by tizigman View Post
    That's the way the wizard setup my bridge as well. Is your's working ok after the 14 upgrade? I killed the Lab VLAN2 config for now. I'm wondering if I need to do a complete reinstall from scratch to get this going again.
    Anyone else doing bridge mode with version 14?
    Mine is working. Do a factory reset then try again. Connect both the eth0 and eth1 before you start. It still makes you re-enter the IP and everything to make it static. Even though all that information is to the right and it can’t just lock it in. After setup go to network conf-network and change eth1 to bridged. Bridge it to external.

No worries Sky-Knight. I know you were going off a misread.
    The External-Default-LAN is disconnected because of no traffic going through to the internet. I left the other one connected so I can work on it. Anyway I re-imaged the unit with version 14 and ran the wizard setup for bridge. Needless to say the configuration it produced did not work.
    Since my network uses VLAN's I'm going over your last post and will try it and see where it leads me. Thank you for your suggestions.

Good luck, VLANs and bridge mode make my head hurt. It makes so much more sense to use Untangle as a router in these cases, so you can terminate Untangle on it. But If you need a bridge, you're going to have to terminate the VLANs on Untangle, then bridge the tagged interfaces to each other.

And once all that settles you have to remember that Untangle needs a full routing table to bridge completely. That means static routes to any IP ranges that arne't local, and it also means source routing if you want to have two or more bridges in operation.

It's a highly advanced configuration, it does work, it's just something I don't recommend because of the visibility problems in the issues it creates. I'd rather build a NAT'less router, and configure that instead.
    NexgenAppliances.com

LoL
    Yeah I hear you. I had it working perfectly for the past year + with no issues. I don't want to tear apart my Unifi network because of my home and lab networks.
    I'm a system administrator and my untangle kung fu is not strong but I'll eventually get it working again.

Unifi and Untangle make a perfect pair, untagged interface traffic matched to an IP network for management, then the tagged traffic coming off the switches or WAPs into a tagged interface... When Untangle is a router it's really that simple. It can do the Internet legwork as well as provide all the core routing you need.

But as soon as you use another router to do something in that mix, things get orders of magnitude more complicated. Seriously, good luck.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 07-22-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast