Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Master Untangler

I agree with sky. Untangle does a great job as a router. I would have kept it as the router if my appliance was on a little more steroids. Those AMD chips don’t work well under severe stress. My appliance would drop connections if under duress with all apps running. So I connected my USG pro and use the appliance as a bridge. Otherwise I would keep untangle as my router.

That doesn't make any sense, Untangle draws no more, or less resources operating as a router vs a bridge.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Then my appliance just sucks. Traffic on a NIC would cut out if I was doing too much at once. I really don't know what the issue was. But the appliance was unreliable as a router. It was a protectli.

Loudog2,
    does your appliance you broadcom or Intel NIC's? Heard of issues in the past about Intel being more reliable then other brands. This is just what i've heard so take it with a grain of salt.
    Anyway I heard back from support about this issue and it sounds like users upgrading to 14 with bridge configuration and having VLAN's are reporting problems. One of them will remote into my appliance tomorrow to see what is going on. I'll post the solution if people are interested.

Looks like this will be corrected with an update according to support.

Hi,
    Jumping in on this thread if y'all dont mind. I have the following - > FIOS StaticIP ( no VZ router ) --> into WAN of USG Pro 4 ---> USG Switch24-POE ----> USG48--> out to clients ( with a USG CloudKey hanging off one of the POE ports )
    Can I put untangle in-between the USG Pro and the first USG Switch24?
    Will I still have full management on the USG equipment? Defined VLANS still work etc...?
    Thanks

Please start your own thread.

But to answer your own question, no things won't just work. You'll have to terminate the VLANs on Untangle to insert it. And it'll make your full stack implementation rather much harder to manage.

Honestly, and I love Unifi stuff... but that USG is a joke, I'd toss it in favor of an Untangle router and move on. The integration is easy, management of both device sets is consistent, and you get what you want without reinventing the wheel.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

It will work. I have a Unifi network myself and it works. Just stick with 13.2 of Untangle for now. There is a bug that is getting worked out with version 14.

Sorry but I thought this thread was about Transparent Bridge and my mistake is my example / situation was not appropriate.

But confused - do y'all think it will or wont work ?
    Thanks

Yes, it can work, but it is NOT SUGGESTED
    https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/...in_Bridge_Mode

notice the all caps and bolded words. there is a reason for this. it is not straight forward nor easy. complexity is your enemy in networking.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast