Default Updates installation extremely slow

This appliance has been in production for over a year.
    We logged into the web interface (and console) a few days ago to check in on its status.
    Very slowly, it is scrolling through the updates.
    This appliance has an SSD and 8GB of RAM running on an intel atom CPU - it should not be "slow".
    Even though it is taking days to apply these updates, our production environment is still functioning properly and our download / upload speeds are fine...?
    Question - how long do we wait before we manually reboot this thing?
    Should we be concerned that maybe something went bad on the SSD and we should perform hardware tests...?
    (This seems unlikely because if the ssd went bad, it would have totally frozen...)
    Thanks for your input.
    - Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

The upgrade is done.

You can run:
    /usr/share/untangle/bin/ut-show-upgrade-splash stop
    or just reboot.

IMPORTANT: FOR OTHERS READING THIS THREAD. DO NOT REBOOT. ​I am telling him to reboot because he posted a screenshot showing the upgrade is actually complete. rebooting mid-upgrade usually results in having to reinstall.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Hello, The device is actually moving through the updates. As you can see, the time on the most current update is the current time. It takes 14ms to do an update (according to the log), however it takes an additional 3-5 minutes to get to the next update. I'd prefer not to reboot it, but I'm not sure if there is something wrong with it or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I see, you are saying that it is done with the updates AND what I'm seeing is just a current log of stuff randomly happening on the device...?
    Got it - I'll reboot it then.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by daltech View Post
    Oh, I see, you are saying that it is done with the updates AND what I'm seeing is just a current log of stuff randomly happening on the device...?
    Got it - I'll reboot it then.

Thanks !
    Yes. exactly. The upgrade screen just "tails" the logs. What you are seeing is just normal logs.

What we don't know is why hiding the upgrade splash fails occasionally on some devices.
    We added debugging in hopes that we'll have more info in the next release when it happens to the occasional person.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com