Untanglit

Default Restore configuration from serial console

I am running Untangle on a PCEngines APU2 system that does not have video. I think i have fubared up my network config and am no longer able to access it via the network. I would like to access the device via the serial console and restore a previous backup. Is there a way to do this?

Master Untangler

IF you have serial terminal enabled, and I presume you do, I would simply use ifconfig at the terminal to give eth1 (or your internal anyway) a chosen IP so I can use the web interface while connecting directly (bypassing the switch) via ethernet to the apu.
    Happily untangling the average household: 20-25 active devices, 13 racks, each with 3 - 8 apps, OpenVPN 1 in, IPSec 1 road-warrior, TunnelVPN 3 out, IPS on. Spice it up with VLANs and mix with tons of rules.

Other than a reinstall, manually configuring an interface would be about the only way. And you aren't restoring on the console, just getting the unit online, logging in via a browser and restoring from there.

If that doesn't work, reinstall. Honestly, I'd just reinstall it anyway. Probably take less time than mucking about in the terminal.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com