Default Need help setting up MAC Address for Bypass using Triggers

I am still evaluating Untangle and I need to get this issue addressed. I have done a lot of searching but I have not found details of exactly how to use MAC addresses for Bypass.

I have a home system and I would like to keep my device count down. I would like to Bypass a lot of my smart home devices. I did do this with IP addresses (which worked) but I have decided to set up Triggers using the device MAC addresses to be sure that the IP does not change on me due to running Untangle i Bridge Mode. After setting up the Triggers, the Bypass Rules and rebooting I find my approach has not worked for me as many devices are still included in the total device count.

At this point I have created a trigger for each device using the MAC addresses. See example screen shots.
    I also created a Bypass Rule for each device. See example screen shots.

Please provide guidance on how I can correct this.

Thanks!

P.S. I think it would be very helpful to Home users to have the ability simply to pull up the list of devices and click on those that need to be Bypassed using the Mac Address. Correctly typing in the data for 30 Triggers and 30 Bypass Rules correctly is a bit of a pain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atomicboy; 05-11-2019 at 10:48 AM.

This is a pretty advanced use case, and valuable insight on a powerful often underutilized feature.

But you are are aware, that the HomePro subscription doesn't have device limits? So if you're a home user, using this to bypass devices doesn't drive much value. And it possibly leaves your most kid friendly devices exposed to unfiltered internet access.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

It was my impression that the Home license topped out at 15 devices.

Behind the scenes it's 75 devices actually, but that's just a number for the enforcement engine. It's a device unlimited subscription to be used in noncommercial applications.

So you learned how the triggering system works, it'll be handy for other things. But don't bypass with it, unless you want that device not filtered. You don't need to worry about your license! Go forth and filter away!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I am happy to hear I do not need to Bypass. Buying a Home license is looking better all the time!
    Thanks for your help on this. Now time to blow away a load of Triggers and Bypass Rules.

Untangler

Yep, Home license is well worth it!

Untangle_Dash_snip.JPG