Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Must click power button whenever power goes out

Everytime the power goes out and my untangle turns off it requires someone to physically go into the office and press the power button to turn it back on. Is there a setting I can do to change that or is it a limitation of the hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That setting is 100% hardware, if it's available it's in the BIOS. WARNING, do not enable that setting on any Untangle that isn't protected by a UPS. If you don't have a UPS, get one...

Untangle is a communications system that relies very heavily on a SQL database, SQL databases don't like going down dirty. Solve the power problem, or have fun with a brick in the future.
    Tech Savvy likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Is this Untangle hardware? By default we set the BIOS to power up on our hardware. The exception is the first generation u25 which does not have the feature in BIOS.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Itís a small computer. I have an UPS, but Iíll check bios for the setting, thank you!

But untangle itself don't have a module to shut down clean auto via usb, rs-232(too old) or ip.
    If the energy cut is more than the battery charge life, the system go down dirty.....
    Can be a nice module to develop and add in next NGFW ver 15
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Master Untangler

Agreed. Direct attached UPS (or, even better, NUT) support is long overdue in my opinion.
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 05-30-2019 at 07:09 AM.
    donhwyo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    But untangle itself don't have a module to shut down clean auto via usb, rs-232(too old) or ip.
    If the energy cut is more than the battery charge life, the system go down dirty.....
    Can be a nice module to develop and add in next NGFW ver 15
    Agreed, I did see a post on here somewhere that gave instructions on how to do it via a second computer, but In my case I need two UPS one to keep the network equipment running in the network closet and another at a computer on the network. When the computer recognizes itís on battery and the battery is going low it sends a shutdown signal to the router. I believe it was over SSH via a script. Iíll try to dig up the post. A good work around until software supports it.

Hereís the link post number 5

https://forums.untangle.com/hardware...c-ups-usb.html

See... I just get a battery... and an appliance platform... an APC 750 is pretty normal for a switch rack for me. And that unit, plus a power efficient Untangle and network switches will stay online for several hours. If power isn't back by then, I'll take the dirty down.

If I need more HA than that, VRRP. If I need even more than that... I've got a hypervisor somewhere anyway, and it's running the aforementioned plink script.

I'm not saying direct UPS support wouldn't be nice, but I am saying that I'm not in the habit of spending money on uptime for networking gear that isn't approaching the 5 9s idea.

So before you jump through hoops, how long is your average power fault? How big of a battery do you need to just pave over that fault? Because at that point, you've solved 90% of the real problem without having to hack anything.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 05-30-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    See... I just get a battery....
    How much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast