Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untangler

Default Not getting Email Reports from 1 Location

Good Morning - For the last few years, I receive 2 daily reports, one from each Untangle I have. Both arrive around the same time. For the last week or so, the report from one location has been coming later and later then it just stopped arriving about 3 days ago. Both email settings are set up the same (using 'Send Email Directly). I tried changing to using the Cloud Hosted Mail Relay server but both fail. Has something changed with version 14.2? Both boxes recently upgraded.

UntangleError.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ABerndt View Post
    Good Morning - For the last few years, I receive 2 daily reports, one from each Untangle I have. Both arrive around the same time. For the last week or so, the report from one location has been coming later and later then it just stopped arriving about 3 days ago. Both email settings are set up the same (using 'Send Email Directly). I tried changing to using the Cloud Hosted Mail Relay server but both fail. Has something changed with version 14.2? Both boxes recently upgraded.
    https://forums.untangle.com/installa...tml#post235333
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

OK, I went ahead and entered the information to use our email server and the test email sent successfully. I will have to see if I get the daily reports. Why am I able to use 'Send Email Directly' from one location and not the other? Both locations use the same email, Office 365.

As the post link above states, some ISPs especially in residential configurations, block port 25 intentionally.

Untangler

These are both business locations. This particular location used the 'Cloud Hosted Mail Relay Server' as recommended for the outgoing Email Server until the Email tab. Is this no longer the recommended solution?

I had a similar issue with emails not coming through after upgrading to 14.2. I switched from "Send email using the cloud hosted mail relay server" to "Send email directly" and boom...all the emails I hadn't received (Daily Reports, Server Events, etc.) came through all at once. Seems to be working much better with that setting.

Hope that helps

Just to be clear, this issue is not related to 14.2. It is due to relay server listing on some SPAM list.

Untangler

I did try the 'Send Email Directly' as that is how my other site (where I have no issues) is set up but it is just spinning and spinning when trying to do the email test. I guess I will leave it as 'Send email using the specified SMTP server'. The email test succeeded using this setting but I did not get any of my back emails. I will see what happens tonight. The email test using 'Send Email Directly' just failed with a 'Connection Timed Out' error.

I just made a mailbox for the Untangle at my problematic job site and now it's sending direct via TCP 587 SMTP authenticated, yesterdays report showed up with the test message.

So yes, the "cloud hosted server" is definitely an issue at the moment. Sending direct is likely to be problematic for most users as well, you really need an authenticated SMTP engine somewhere to do your relaying. Send Direct will give you fits unless it's going to a domain that authorizes the IP address via SPF record.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

That is how I set mine up...via TCP 587 SMTP authenticated. I don't have my missing reports from the last 3 days but I did get the test message almost immediately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast