Default reinstalled - restored backup, reports are not showing data

Hi,

I recently moved from esxi to hyper-v and have reinstalled untangle, and then restored the esxi backup on it. This is working well, except the reports are empty, and no new data is generated.. Is there a way to reset reporting ?

Could this have anything to do with the device name ? (name is changed after restoring the backup).

Thanks!

I installed a complete new install, now the same thing happened, no report data (it worked for a few hours) ? Is there any way to reset reporting ?

Untangler

No, there is no reset for reporting. At least not anything that will help with this. If you aren't seeing anything under reports > network > all sessions, their are only a few reasons for this:
    1. all your traffic is bypassed, and you aren't logging bypassed sessions
    OR
    2. traffic is not routing through your NGFW

You can see if your traffic is all bypassed on the dashboard under Network Information. The "scanned sessions" should be > 0.

You can see if the traffic is passing through the NGFW in the same section. What is the number of currently active devices?
    Jim.Alles likes this.

I checked it, there are some sessions bypassed, but also sessions scanned.

Checking the sessions in the log, results:

Clicking the sessions button on the dashboard:

The reports data isn't backed up and restored, so when you restore the backup you start from day 0 on data.

Now, you see stuff in sessions, and it's been a few days there should be data there. If there isn't try doing a ctrl+f5 in your browser. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest besides opening a ticket and letting Untangle support dig into it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Just by coincidence, I set the date range to 1 month, ... I see the data now... Untangle seems to be running a day behind, or in the future.. (checking 2 days back shows me data of today), which is strange since the date and time on the device is correct.

What about the date and time on your device? The view is generated based on the browser's time, not the server's time.
    NexgenAppliances.com

I checked that one too, this has an offset of +1 day so... I corrected it and now I will wait a week to see what happens. Thanks!

The change should be visible immediately, the dataset on the server is recorded based on the server's time. It's requested by the client based on the client's time.

So if the server thinks today is Thursday, and the client think's today is Friday, when the client asks for Friday as "today", you're getting an empty data set.

If you've fixed that, ctrl+f5 and today will become today on the client, Thursday asking for Thursday... and poof data. Though you might have to restart your machine just to clear out old browser processes too...
    gedavids likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Looks like its resolved, I see the reports now so timezone was wrong on my computer.
    Jim.Alles and smiller like this.