Thread: Upgrade to 15.1

Untanglit

Default Upgrade to 15.1

Hi to all,

on the first FW with the 15.0 that had the update available i just went ahead and did it and it was super fast no reboot even required but i still did it to see if all was @100% and it messed up my network config... my wan was on my lan and my lan was on the bridged lan...

i had to remake the wan and lan config to get everything online (the setup was done on a monitor connected to the fw).

On this one this was not a problem but on the other ones that are on production and remotely managed i'm thinking twice before doing this update...

I did not saw any case like this one so it could be a isolated bug but better to share and be prepared just in case.

Best regards and a good weekend to all

I have not seen this on an update on an existing system, what version did you upgrade from?
    And is it correct that you have (3) interfaces, total?

I am working on troubleshooting interface issues on a new install with three interfaces. There is no way to know at this point if they are related.

A reboot is required, the fact that it didn't reboot tells me the system is either still upgrading, or it didn't upgrade completely.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

On the cli you could do.
    Code:
    uname -a
    If it is "4.19.0-8-untangle-amd64" it rebooted. If not it didn't finish for some reason.

Untanglit

Hi,

thanks for the feedback guys.

I had install yesterday the 15.0 and today did the update to the 15.1 (the other 2 systems dont have the update available on the auto just yet).

Upon updating it just went back to dashboard, stated 15.1 so i did the reboot.

@Ninja i confirm that i have 1 wan, 1 lan ,and another lan bridged to the wan.

Best regards,