Question Advice on reloading an Untangle U25 appliance

Hi all,

To match up what I'm using at home with what we use at work, I fished out an Untangle U25 from our support pile. Yes, I know it's not the newest, but for now it will do. For reference, I'm quite familiar with Watchguard firewalls, somewhat with Sonicwall, and I've managed Untangle for awhile.

The issue comes in what I wanted to do next. I wanted to reload the unit from scratch. I don't see an appliance-specific image like the z-series which reloads with Clonezilla (and when I tried this, I was told my appliance was an unknown model). I could use the regular AMD64 ISO or img, but I don't know if that's the best option -and I'm getting UEFI errors when using that image, though I can boot and get most of the way through the install. GRUB complains and refuses to install at that point.

Should I be reloading the box with the ISO or image file but in non-UEFI mode? Or is there an appliance-specific image? Or am I out of luck? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Turn off UEFI. It is not support until v16.0. Burn the IMG to a USB, boot off the USB (press F11), follow the steps in the installer.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Hi,

Thanks, that worked. One interesting thing however - the Untangle CMD console sees the u25 as an Custom device, instead of a U25. Would there be a reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Hi,

Thanks, that worked. One interesting thing however - the Untangle CMD console sees the u25 as an Custom device, instead of a U25. Would there be a reason for that?
    Email support with your UID and support channel enabled so they can add the u25 model package.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Email support with your UID and support channel enabled so they can add the u25 model package.
    Thanks. Issues resolved.