Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Untanglit

Default New install of Untangle

Hello,

After the installation of Untangle on a different box, I am unable to access the portal page. The new box is singable, but have no way to access the portal to do any configurations. Also, I wanted to do a restore from Untangle that was installed on a server class hardware.
    Originally, Untangle was installed on a HP server, I wanted to move to a desktop as it is installed in a residential environment. Running server class h/w eats a lot of electricity.

Any suggestions ?

'portal page' is not a familiar term to me, but I will run with Admin GUI / dashboard.

If you connect a keyboard and mouse to the new machine you can double-check your network configuration. That will always work.
    I am guessing the Network Interface (NICs) I.D.s flipped on you, and the cables are now reversed. You won't be able to access the GUI over the WAN interface.

What NICs are you using?

Untanglit

Portal page is the ability to access the web page from another computer/device. I probably should have said webpage instead of portal page (oops !!)
    As far as the NIC card, it is a dual port PCI. I had to get a dual port NIC as the Dell Optiplex only supported one PCI slot.
    How would I know if the NIC's are flipped ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Alles View Post
    If you connect a keyboard and mouse to the new machine you can double-check your network configuration. That will always work.
    go to interfaces /admin/index.do#config/network and look at the green balls on the far left. That indicates link status. Unplug one cable and hit refresh. Make sure it is the one you expect.

On the NGFW desktop machine, I would disable the NIC integrated on the motherboard, in BIOS settings. that should keep things more stable.
    Last edited by Jim.Alles; 08-21-2020 at 06:26 PM.

filosad,

The default IP address for your internal interface is going to be 192.168.2.1
    If your device is connected to the Untangle appliance, try browsing to http://192.168.2.1
    If you're not able to reach the web page, you could swap your cables and try again to see if they were backwards.

Keep in mind it's always best to test this kind of issue when connected directly to the Untangle, physically bypassing any switches or other networking devices.

If switching around the cabling doesn't work, I'd try using new cables just to make sure your current cables aren't bad.
    gravenscroft likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by filosad View Post
    After the installation of Untangle on a different box, I am unable to access the portal page.
    What does 'unable to access' mean? Specifically, what happens when you open a browser window and enter the NGFW's internal interface IP address into the address bar?

Untanglit

By default, I disabled the internal NIC as it was only 100mbs. That was one of the first things I did before installing NGFW. I will check on the interfaces and see if I can access the web page.

Untanglit

I never get to the login screen when the IP is entered into the browser(from another workstation). It does not matter which browser I used, the web page is not displayed. I am also able to ping the NGFW hardware.

Untanglit

That did the trick, by flipping the cables, I am now able to access the webui. I have a few other questions, that I hope you can answer:
    1. I am not able to winSCP into the new box to copy the backup file from the other server. Is there a away, or do I need to re-configure the apps from scratch ?
    2. I noticed that a bunch of apps will expire, I can assume these apps are not for the homepro version, correct ?
    Last edited by filosad; 08-25-2020 at 12:08 PM.

1. Reconfigure from scratch.
    2. Post a screen capture of the problem. I'm not sure what you are seeing.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast