Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

I'm having a similar problem, and it's all because of the NIC device names and how they won't let me edit them. Old machine had a number of different NICs over the years, not the new one. I wish I could do a restore of only a few items (All except phys. NIC devices).

Anyone know how to edit the backup files?

If your configuration has cruft built up that's only really addressed by restore without networking. Then you manually rebuild the interfaces.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yeah that's not how restores work... on restore it picks a NIC to put them on. You shouldn't be seeing ghost interfaces.
    Well, nothing ever works like it's supposed to does it, now I have 8 interfaces on a z4+. Sigh.

Untangler

You can delete the old (non-existent) interfaces. Don't forget the "save" button. I did that, and my setup is correct now.

Untangle Ninja

When support just up and clocks out without a word and after awhile you're like... should I go home?

Untangle Ninja

This is interesting. If this is what support for paid subscriptions is like, I can't even imagine how many weeks unpaid support would drag on.

Untangle Ninja

I've been wanting to play around with one of those Dream Machines, for this small office it seems like this is a fine opportunity to bring one of those in for giggles and swap it out when I let this complete subscription lapse in a couple of weeks. I have another office I can use this z4 in with the free tier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12