Untangler

Question Using Backup/restore to configure a new machine

I have V15.2.1 running just fine on an older AMD-64 machine. Its instruction set anomalies are discussed in another thread.
    I want to get V16 running on a new machine so that it can replace the other machine. To minimize down time for my family, I want to get the new machine all configured behind the older machine. Once done, I will swap in the new machine. I started by doing a backup of all my old machine's settings, and then I added them to the new machine. Easy solution- I pick up all the device records, DHCP settings, app settings, etc. However, it copied in the network device names from the old machine and won't let me tweak them. Now the new machine is not connected to a network any longer.
    How can I fix this?

Untangle Ninja

You should be able to set the interface name to whatever you want from the config page of each interface accessed from the edit column of each interface under the Config - Network - Interface tab.

Untangler

I got all that working correctly now. It looks like I'm ready to switch over the machines. How do I transfer the license?

Untangle Ninja

All that's available in your account on Untangle's site.

Untangler

Thanks. Got it now.
    I just need to wait until the kids are done with online classes for the day...