Default Untangle halts at grub boot menu after automatic update (16.0.1 to 16.1.1)

I've been on Untangle at home for a week now, and it's been a great experience up to now. I installed Untangle on an I3 7167U equipped mini pc (6 Intel NICs). Uefi boot only.

The issue I am having now is that after the automatic update to 16.1.1 last night, Untangle rebooted, but the system halts at the Grub boot menu. It seems that since there are two versions of Untangle now, I need to select the Untangle version to boot: 16.0.1 or 16.1.1

I selected 16.1.1 and Untangle booted fine. After a second re-boot, the boot menu remembers the selection and boots automatically again.

Is there a way to make the GRUB menu boot to the latest version automatically? As it stands now, automatic updates will result in a dead system until I hook up a keyboard and monitor to manually select the correct Untangle instance to boot into.

Thanks a lot in advance!

The boot menu only changes when there's a new kernel. There is no new kernel between these releases... this behavior doesn't make any sense.

Also, Grub remembers the last selected boot option, so that's how that's picked.

I'd open a support ticket, because you have something very wrong.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I would take a backup and reinstall. The box does not seem like it upgraded correctly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Will do, thanks for the feedback.