Default Unable to access Untangle Setup Wizard after headless install

Hi!
    I am using a no system video (DM8630) to install Untangle. After found some information in this forum I finally installed the system using the Serial Console and the Text Only install.

I used the info from this Thread: Untangle on PC Engines APU2C4 via serial console

But after the install my system received an IP from my DHCP Server, I can ping it from my PC, but I can not open the Setup Wizard via Web Interface from my PC.

At Serial Console nothing happens only a Cursor still blinking.

I am using the ngfw-untangle-15.1.1 version.

Someone can help me?

The install effectively functions as "router" mode, and it does not provide DHCP itself.

But, the 2nd interface on the platform will have the IP address of 192.168.2.1, you'll have to statically configure something to connect to it and configure from there.

The question is... what is the 2nd interface? You might have to try them all.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks! I connected to second interface and configured my PC to the same network and I accessed the setup wizard.

But when I change to use the Bridge mode I lost my connection and I tried to access via first interface (IP 192.168.18.10) and it does not work. I think it is not possible for this type of installation. For Bridge I need a video interface and use directly to localhost.

That is it?

Thanks in advance.

No, but bridge mode kills the IP address you were using. Now you have to access the IP on external, but from INSIDE the bridge.

So you need your PC on the cable plugged in to that 2nd interface, and the IP that's on Untangle's External interface, with the device set for DHCP so it can get an IP as if Untangle wasn't there.

It does work, the problem is if you screw up so badly you can't find it again... you can't get into it to configure it. The physical console is your means of recovery, going headless deprives you of that and puts Untangle squarely in an expert mode that you may not be ready for.

If you enable remote administration you can get at Untangle via HTTPs from anywhere.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 01-06-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks! It works for me!