Default Moving LAN ports

I want to move what is currently my primary LAN from port 1 (1 gig) to port 2 (100 mb). I want to retain all the info set up for LAN 1. Is it a simple as just moving the IP setup from 1 to 2 and the plugging my AP/switch into port 2?

Untangler

Make a backup and try it?

Due to the nature of this operation, you will want to be doing this via external administration, or from the physical console the latter is by far the safest.

Education time...

Untangle doesn't allow you to configure physical interfaces, it makes the admin configure VIRTUAL interfaces. You know these by name, either name you set or the defaults. For example, External, and Internal. These are VIRTUAL interface names. Now, there is a map in Untangle that maps these virtual interfaces to physical interfaces. Physical interfaces will the eth0, eth1, and so forth. These names correspond to a certain port on the device itself. You need to know which physical interface flag is associated with what NIC on your hardware.

Now... config -> network -> interfaces tab

Look above the list of interfaces, right next to the add tagged VLAN interface button, is a Remap Interfaces button.

Click that remap interfaces button...

That button opens a window that allows you to move any physical interface you have (devices column), into any virtual interface assignment (name column). Just use those crosses to drag them around so that the physical interface configuration is the way you want it, and click save.

Why are you doing this from external admin or on the physical console? Well... your internal interface is where you usually connect to admin your box. If you muck with interface assignments and screw them up remote admin of all sorts is going to break. If you're doing this from the physical console it's rather hard to kick yourself out.
    Kyawa likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks Rob. You are, by far, the smartest network guy I've ever encountered.

So, we moved. What's my point? My VGA monitor and wired mouse is in storage some where. Do I need to go dig through and find the stuff?

Yes, because there's no way to safely adjust mission critical access information on any system without the ability to get at a physical console.

This isn't really an Untangle thing... have you ever locked your keys in your car and experienced time slow down as you brain realizes what's about to happen as the door shuts on you?

You run the risk of doing exactly the same thing to your Untangle if you don't go get that stuff to work on the physical console up front. Now of course because you have that junk handy it'll just work. And you're welcome to attempt this without those tools if you wish. Just beware, if your luck is like mine Mr Murphy is standing behind you holding a bat with a big creepy grin on his face!

Then not only are you after those parts, but upset while doing so because you knew better in advance. I like my hair on my head!
    Kyawa likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Ok, refresh my memory. My u25w has a HDMI port as well as a USB 2.0 port. Can I use a wireless mouse/keyboard combo? Obviously, I used a HDMI monitor originally. I think I was thinking of an u50 I set up that only allowed VGA.