Untangler

Unhappy Network Interfaces moving

Hi so I have a replacement untangle in build to replace old hardware.
    It seems every time I reboot the machine shifts the Ethernet interfaces around.
    Remapping makes no difference?

Driving me insane

Any ideas? Server is new Dell 540 with 16.3.2 installed

Untangler

There is a thread by skynight about writing a script. This is probably happening because Untangle has not moved to the new ways of describing eth0.

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    There is a thread by skynight about writing a script. This is probably happening because Untangle has not moved to the new ways of describing eth0.
    Actually it has... It's using Debian default behavior. That behavior is just utterly and indescribably INSANE on mainboards that can't make up their minds on how the PCI bus should enumerate. This is largely OLD hardware by the way. Very new hardware that's all EFI works very differently and is far more complaint with Debian's new normal. It's the old stuff, and the not quite current stuff that has a foot in BIOS and EFI land both that have the hardest time.

https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkInter...NG_.LINK_FILES

You have to make the .link files referenced in the Debian Wiki manually to fix this. These files map a specific device flag to a MAC address. Debian used to do this for us... it no longer does.
    jcoffin likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com