Master Untangler

Default Setting Interface to Full-Duplex?

We are about to deploy a new Untangle NG Firewall at a client of ours. We We are using our own hardware as we always do, so purchase of NG Firewall software only. We use a SuperMicro 1U appliance, Intel interfaces (Copper and Fiber SFP/SFP+) that we install Untangle NG Firewall on… This is our typical deployment at most of our clients that runs great.

This specific client has ordered a Cogent 1GB symmetrical fiber internet connection for this deployment. Cogent prefers to hand off to our router with fiber which I didnt think was a problem. We have 2 Intel SFP+ ports on our appliance and will be using a UBNT 1GB MM LC/LC module for Cogent to connect the fiber to our Untangle appliance for External-WAN interface.

We have only tested fiber connections (using the SFP/SFP+ ports on our SuperMicro appliances with the UBNT MM LC 1GB/10GB modules) as Internal interfaces in Untangle, connected to switches with LC. Its all plug and play, works great.

The question I have is….Cogent asked me today if the SFP+ interface is running Full-Duplex and not Auto-Sensing. They said if its just auto-sensing and not set to Full-Duplex Cogents 1GB symmetrical will only run at half speed (500MB)…

I don’t see any options to set the External Intel SFP+ interface to Full-Duplex under interfaces in NG Firewall…. Any info, suggestions on how to set this interface to Full-Duplex and not auto-sensing in Untangle???? Or is it automatically set to Full-Duplex and not Auto-Sensing and this isnt an issue... All of our other fiber internet connections at our other clients are copper and we dont have this issue...

Thank you for any help or info and Happy Holidays

Master Untangler

Welp after some digging I found the settings in: Config>Network>Advanced>Network Cards.... Here you can set 10/100/1000/10000 and Half-Duplex or Full-Duplex for each as well as MTU.....
    dashpuppy likes this.