Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I love Unifi! I got an UAC-AP-Lite and put it in the ceiling right in the middle of my small house and it lights up the whole thing. It's only wifi5 but my internet is 300/300 so it's plenty for me. I installed Debian on a 13 year old laptop and it's running my controller like a champ.

Untangler

Really?

Master Untangler

Really?
    100%

Untangler

I love Unifi! I got an UAC-AP-Lite and put it in the ceiling right in the middle of my small house and it lights up the whole thing. It's only wifi5 but my internet is 300/300 so it's plenty for me. I installed Debian on a 13 year old laptop and it's running my controller like a champ.

Upstairs
    Attachment 11728

Basement
    Attachment 11729
    Thank you for showing the wifiman app. Hands down the best wifi analyzer i've seen, free and can be used even if you don't have ubiquiti.

Mapped upstairs/basement all green with a few yellow and no reds, and you can literally see the handover from 5ghz to 2.4ghz and vice versa while going up or down the basement.
    MP715 likes this.

Upstairs
    Attachment 11728

Basement
    Attachment 11729
    A full Unifi stack behind an Untangle NGFW is a pretty magic solution.

I'm curious to see where the Arista bit goes on this too, because having a complete stack would be nice.
    MP715 likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    A full Unifi stack behind an Untangle NGFW is a pretty magic solution.

I'm curious to see where the Arista bit goes on this too, because having a complete stack would be nice.
    Wish I could afford a full stack. Not exactly sure what is in a full Unifi stack. Curious to know what that looks like. I don't even have a managed switch. I'm only running a single $99 UAP-ac-lite. All the vlans terminate on Untangle and using filter rules to isolate. Seems to be working ok.

Wish I could afford a full stack. Not exactly sure what is in a full Unifi stack. Curious to know what that looks like. I don't even have a managed switch. I'm only running a single $99 UAP-ac-lite. All the vlans terminate on Untangle and using filter rules to isolate. Seems to be working ok.
    I use CloudKey Gen2 Plus, an appropriate Unifi switch, and whatever WAPs I need. At that point all the switches / WAPs are controlled all in one place. NGFW at the edge to monitor what's going in and out. Laughably easy VLAN support for special devices inside that need protection too. It's amazing.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

I have a UniFi AP (nanoHD), a few switches and I run my controller in Oracle Cloud's free tier. Untangle does the WAN side of things. It's a shame UniFi's WAN based development is so lacking, I mean SHA1 in 2022 is inexcusable. The single pane of glass for managing is pretty awesome.
    MP715 likes this.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD. View Post
    I mean SHA1 in 2022 is inexcusable.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate on this?

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I use CloudKey Gen2 Plus, an appropriate Unifi switch, and whatever WAPs I need. At that point all the switches / WAPs are controlled all in one place. NGFW at the edge to monitor what's going in and out. Laughably easy VLAN support for special devices inside that need protection too. It's amazing.
    I have a CloudKey Gen1 that is not in use. It needs to be flashed with the latest. It had an issue.

I am currently running the controller software on a RaspberryPi. You have to install the lastest OpenJDK and then the controller software.

https://pimylifeup.com/rasberry-pi-unifi/

UniFi downloads are here...

https://www.ui.com/download/

When an update is available you sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Dennis
    Last edited by DWomack; 08-19-2022 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast