Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I love Unifi! I got an UAC-AP-Lite and put it in the ceiling right in the middle of my small house and it lights up the whole thing. It's only wifi5 but my internet is 300/300 so it's plenty for me. I installed Debian on a 13 year old laptop and it's running my controller like a champ.

  2. #12
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Really?

  3. #13
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Really?
    100%

  4. #14
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I love Unifi! I got an UAC-AP-Lite and put it in the ceiling right in the middle of my small house and it lights up the whole thing. It's only wifi5 but my internet is 300/300 so it's plenty for me. I installed Debian on a 13 year old laptop and it's running my controller like a champ.

    Upstairs
    Attachment 11728

    Basement
    Attachment 11729
    Thank you for showing the wifiman app. Hands down the best wifi analyzer i've seen, free and can be used even if you don't have ubiquiti.

    Mapped upstairs/basement all green with a few yellow and no reds, and you can literally see the handover from 5ghz to 2.4ghz and vice versa while going up or down the basement.
    MP715 likes this.

  5. #15
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    I love Unifi! I got an UAC-AP-Lite and put it in the ceiling right in the middle of my small house and it lights up the whole thing. It's only wifi5 but my internet is 300/300 so it's plenty for me. I installed Debian on a 13 year old laptop and it's running my controller like a champ.

    Upstairs
    Attachment 11728

    Basement
    Attachment 11729
    A full Unifi stack behind an Untangle NGFW is a pretty magic solution.

    I'm curious to see where the Arista bit goes on this too, because having a complete stack would be nice.
    MP715 likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  6. #16
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    A full Unifi stack behind an Untangle NGFW is a pretty magic solution.

    I'm curious to see where the Arista bit goes on this too, because having a complete stack would be nice.
    Wish I could afford a full stack. Not exactly sure what is in a full Unifi stack. Curious to know what that looks like. I don't even have a managed switch. I'm only running a single $99 UAP-ac-lite. All the vlans terminate on Untangle and using filter rules to isolate. Seems to be working ok.

  7. #17
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Wish I could afford a full stack. Not exactly sure what is in a full Unifi stack. Curious to know what that looks like. I don't even have a managed switch. I'm only running a single $99 UAP-ac-lite. All the vlans terminate on Untangle and using filter rules to isolate. Seems to be working ok.
    I use CloudKey Gen2 Plus, an appropriate Unifi switch, and whatever WAPs I need. At that point all the switches / WAPs are controlled all in one place. NGFW at the edge to monitor what's going in and out. Laughably easy VLAN support for special devices inside that need protection too. It's amazing.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  8. #18
    Untanglit
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I have a UniFi AP (nanoHD), a few switches and I run my controller in Oracle Cloud's free tier. Untangle does the WAN side of things. It's a shame UniFi's WAN based development is so lacking, I mean SHA1 in 2022 is inexcusable. The single pane of glass for managing is pretty awesome.
    MP715 likes this.

  9. #19
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD. View Post
    I mean SHA1 in 2022 is inexcusable.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate on this?

  10. #20
    Untangler
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I use CloudKey Gen2 Plus, an appropriate Unifi switch, and whatever WAPs I need. At that point all the switches / WAPs are controlled all in one place. NGFW at the edge to monitor what's going in and out. Laughably easy VLAN support for special devices inside that need protection too. It's amazing.
    I have a CloudKey Gen1 that is not in use. It needs to be flashed with the latest. It had an issue.

    I am currently running the controller software on a RaspberryPi. You have to install the lastest OpenJDK and then the controller software.

    https://pimylifeup.com/rasberry-pi-unifi/

    UniFi downloads are here...

    https://www.ui.com/download/

    When an update is available you sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade


    Dennis
    Last edited by DWomack; 08-19-2022 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2