Question Replacement NG Firewall Installation Issues, Need Help

I am trying to replace and old PC running Untangle with a smaller mini PC. Untangle installs fine on the new device, but I run into many problems that I never encountered when I last installed Untangle (before Arista). I would greatly appreciate your help.

1. Upon the install, instead of the usual Untangle admin client, I get the Arista login page. Upon login there, and adding the new appliance, it shows that the appliance is offline, with the message "The appliance could not connect to ETM Dashboard. Check that the appliance is online, with Internet access. Check that the UID (device UID here) or serial number for the appliance is correct." I am connected to internet.

2. I go to the Untangle home screen and click on "Launch Client", I get the Arista setup wizard page rather than the Untangle login page.

3. I manually entered localhost/admin in the browser and I finally get the Untangle login, which asks for password. I enter the password I created while setting up the appliance in step #1 above, but it does not take it.

4. Searching around, one of the suggested solution is to enable SSH and use it to do some fixes. But to enable SSH, I need to have access to the Untangle admin panel, which I do not have without the password.

What is the way forward with this? Thanks.

That Which Lurks Below

You're an unfortunate victim of the issue described in this forum post.

The SSH fix you're referring to is deprecated now that there's an official patch available. Email edge.support@arista.com with your UID (found in Config > About) and they will add yours to the list of appliances receiving the updated patch. It should become available to you more or less immediately; you'll find an 'Upgrade Now' button in Config > Upgrade. Click that, give it a couple minutes to update, and you should be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I enter the password I created while setting up the appliance in step #1 above, but it does not take it.
    Try the default admin password, which is passwd. (You can change it in Config > Administration > Admin.)
    Last edited by gravenscroft; 08-12-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    Please don't reboot your NGFW.
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Thanks @gravenscroft, that fixed all the issues except #2. When I go to the Untangle home screen and click on "Launch Client", I still get the Arista setup wizard page rather than the Untangle login page. Any idea how to make it go to localhost/admin like it used to?