Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Untangler

I appear to have this problem.

I have a test installation on a Windows Home Server box (disconnected the normal drives and

installed UT on an old 6.5 GB IDE drive). This is a new machine with E2200 and 2 GB of RAM,

and if the test is successful the plan is to buy another box with the same specs as a

dedicated UT box. So plenty of resources apart from the hard drive.

Only managed to get the network issues sorted out a few hours ago and since then have had

three dropouts. My ISP can see the dropouts but they are not aware of any issues in this

area.

I have never used Linux before so not sure if I ran the test correctly. The terminal screen

shows [root @ untangle] on the right hand side and /home/kiosk # and a block cursor on the

left hand side. This is where I entered the code. The result was "No such file or directory"

and a 0 on the following line.

Could the 'nil result' be because UT has not yet created any logs? The system has not yet

been run overnight.

Untangler

Apologies for the double post - because I lost connection in the middle of typing this, I posted it in the wrong place.

I appear to have this problem. I typed this in Notepad just in case the connection dropped - and it did!

I have a test installation on a Windows Home Server box (disconnected the normal drives and installed UT on an old 6.5 GB IDE drive). This is a new machine with E2200 and 2 GB of RAM, and if the test is successful the plan is to buy another box with the same specs as a dedicated UT box. So plenty of resources apart from the hard drive.

Only managed to get the network issues sorted out a few hours ago and since then have had four dropouts. My ISP can see the dropouts but they are not aware of any issues in this area. The connection is OK if I revert to my old system, without rebooting the modem/router.

I have never used Linux before so not sure if I ran the test correctly. The terminal screen shows [root @ untangle] on the right hand side and /home/kiosk # and a block cursor on the left hand side. This is where I entered the code. The result was "No such file or directory" and a 0 on the following line.

Could the 'nil result' be because UT has not yet created any logs? The system has not yet been run overnight.

mdh

Considering that we do not recommend using Untangle on anything smaller than 30 GB, you could be running into issues there. You need to have room for Linux, Untangle, SQL databases, logs, swap files.

Untangler

Red face

Thank you for that comment. I had thought the problems would have arisen when logging, so had not considered the small hard disk a possible cause for this problem.

I shutdown all the software appliances and am still connected after 90 minutes so it looks like the hard disk is the problem.

Untangler

No, 1TB not enough!

Can someone please tell me if I did run the test correctly as described below?
    "I have never used Linux before so not sure if I ran the test correctly. The terminal screen shows [root @ untangle] on the right hand side and /home/kiosk # and a block cursor on the left hand side. This is where I entered the code. The result was "No such file or directory" and a 0 on the following line."

Untangler

run the command a few days ago and gave me 5
    now the internet connection is very strange and run the command again
    this time is 740 LOL
    check the log sizes and check the sizes
    1339735 Sep 8 15:28 console.log.crash
    6752097546 Sep 8 11:24 console.log.crash.1
    950577 Sep 8 06:07 console.log.crash.2
    will run the fix tonight and see what happens
    i presume i can delete the console.log.crash.1&2 logs

Untangler

just run the patch but still the issue remains
    have 9 after the patch applied
    also www.youtube.com gives me error

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Horsham View Post
    No, 1TB not enough!

Can someone please tell me if I did run the test correctly as described below?
    "I have never used Linux before so not sure if I ran the test correctly. The terminal screen shows [root @ untangle] on the right hand side and /home/kiosk # and a block cursor on the left hand side. This is where I entered the code. The result was "No such file or directory" and a 0 on the following line."
    if it says No such file or directory then you have no crashes - this isn't your issue
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    if it says No such file or directory then you have no crashes - this isn't your issue
    Thanks for the clarification.

I was suffering from the issue that was fixed by applying this patch. I had 19 errors. After the patch the server was up and running great for a week. Twice over the last 24 hours the server completely locked up. No mouse or keyboard, the only option was to power it off and on.

I went back and checked for errors and this time there were 118. Could there be another issue?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast