Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisonS View Post
    You my want to look at it again. I think I did. you asked me to test that so I should of had it on the video. Let me know if i did.
    The video you sent just shows it just plain not starting. The systray app is correctly waiting on the service to start, but the service is hung.

The infinite popup bug is where the systray application gives a windows toaster event every ~30 seconds saying its starting. The systray is also non-responsive when this happens (right-click doesn't work)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Default I try this...

I try this and run ok the virtual machine in my windows xp spanish i change cd "c:\Archivos de Programas\Untangle"
    .\UntangleForWindows.vmx

and in vmplayer change shared folder in spanish and then run the instalation, i dont understand why dont work.... exist any pach for this problem ????

Thanks

V.C.

oh I see! A video is worth a thousand words.
    I thought you were getting the infinite popup bug - but yours is plain just not starting - bummer.

Can you try the following?

Stop the service. Quit the systray app.

Run this command (replace "13:28" with two minutes from the current time)
    at 13:28 /interactive cmd.exeIn two minutes a window will pop up.
    Anything run in this window will be run as the SYSTEM user.
    then run
    cd "c:\Program Files\Untangle"
    .\UntangleForWindows.vmx
    After that does the vmplayer start? Does it ask to agree to a license? Does it ask about any shared folders? Does it say anything?

Actually if you could record the following that would help greatly. I can deliver the video as part of the bug report to engineering![/QUOTE]

Default Startup problems

I have been having difficulty with untangle starting at system boot. If I manually launch the console the system starts fine. Then if I launch the server from the menu in hidden mode all is well.

My questions is I have installed untangle_541_setup and have recently downloaded untangle_setup_541_r19378 can I simply install over or will this cause more harm than good?

Quote Originally Posted by shaselko View Post
    I have been having difficulty with untangle starting at system boot. If I manually launch the console the system starts fine. Then if I launch the server from the menu in hidden mode all is well.

My questions is I have installed untangle_541_setup and have recently downloaded untangle_setup_541_r19378 can I simply install over or will this cause more harm than good?
    Technically you need to uninstall and reinstall - sorry.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Sorry dmorris ... my laptop took a dump. I had to reload it. I will retry it and let you know if I still have problems

Okay I download untangle_setup_541_r19378 and it will now try to start and configure however when I now right click on the untangle tray on the bottom right it wont respond and will stay unresponsive whether you right or left click the icon and I go to Start>Programs>Untangle>Untangle it will say its already running and it will just hang.

Untanglit

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by alan3885 View Post
    Okay I download untangle_setup_541_r19378 and it will now try to start and configure however when I now right click on the untangle tray on the bottom right it wont respond and will stay unresponsive whether you right or left click the icon and I go to Start>Programs>Untangle>Untangle it will say its already running and it will just hang.
    Ditto... Exact same problem for me with untangle_setup_541_r19378. Uninstalled and cleaned up a few times already... Will see if some of the other suggestions in the thread helps....

Zen One

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Untangler

Well I got it to install and run but... on install I have to set a static IP at install not dynamic. If I don't I can't start Admin Client. But the only pc that works is the one it is running on. I get a cannot display page on the reset of the network. If I go to Single NIC Mode I can see all my IPs in the network. So what do I do to get re-router to work?

I have the same problem here, Running untangle_setup_541_r19378 on Win2k3, 2GB ram, 2TB HDD, 2 Intel NICS. It installed alright, and then the splash screen says configuring, and the popup.... and thats where my story ends. Even if I try to run the console, it says "Connection Failed at authentication"...

Any ideas?

Werner
    Pretoria, South Africa

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast