Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dknyinva View Post
    It's been 20min without interruption and the vmware-vmx.exe is not showing up in the task manager processes. When you refer to running as a service, what is the name of the service? The only service related to untangle I see in the services are:

Untangle Started Automatic Local System
    VMware Authorization Service Started Automatic Local System
    VMware DHCP Service Started Automatic Local System
    VMware NAT Service Started Automatic Local System
    VMware Virtual Mount Mgr Ext. Started Automatic Local System

The Untangle is still saying "Starting"

in the task_manager you'll see untangle_service.exe
    If thats running, then the service is started
    if you see vmplayer.exe running then vmware is started
    if you see vmplayer.exe running but not vmware-vmx.exe running then vmplayer.exe is blocked (thats what we are trying to figure out)

We think this is because of the license thing, which if you follow tbelote's steps it should fix...
    I'm not sure why its not working in your case.

Opening in the console is just running in the foreground as the logged in user. We're removing this from the menu in the next build as its messes up everything when you do that...

if its been 20 minutes. I'd stop the service in control panel->administrative tools->services->untangle then try tbelote's steps again...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    in the task_manager you'll see untangle_service.exe
    If thats running, then the service is started
    if you see vmplayer.exe running then vmware is started
    if you see vmplayer.exe running but not vmware-vmx.exe running then vmplayer.exe is blocked (thats what we are trying to figure out)

We think this is because of the license thing, which if you follow tbelote's steps it should fix...
    I'm not sure why its not working in your case.

Opening in the console is just running in the foreground as the logged in user. We're removing this from the menu in the next build as its messes up everything when you do that...

if its been 20 minutes. I'd stop the service in control panel->administrative tools->services->untangle then try tbelote's steps again...
    Attempted as you suggested and still no change. At this point I'm calling it quit and wait for the next build. I do appreciate all your support and keep up the good work.

I'm having the same problem. I have all the same symptoms. Sorry I cannot help you trouble shoot it. Please let me know when you post a solution. Brand new XP Pro. Dell. vmware-vmx.exe is not running.

I have not applied any updates or solutions listed above. I just dl the ap yesterday. I installed it as the domain administrator if that is relavent.

It must have something to so with security. I uninstalled everything, Untangle, VM. Rebooted.

The logged in as base the admin on the local machine (not the Domain Server). I then reinstalled Untangle. Rebooted and logged in again as the Admin on the local machine. Status said starting. I came back about 10 minutes later and the status in the bar changed to running. I ran the Launch Untangle Admin Client and got the page to display.

Hope this helps...

Rob

Untangler

Well no luck. vmware-vmx.exe will not start. Let me know what we want to do next.

awolrob, that is a huge hint!

MorrisonS, I think it may have something to do with the fact that you installed from a domain account.

We're going to test from a domain administrator here and see how it goes...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Yes I see that. I'm going to try to load in on my home pc W/ XP pro SP2 set as a workgroup

Untangler

O FYI when I install on my other pc it CA anti-virus and it kills the realtime infection report on start up on the installer

I haven't had a lot of time to play around with this, but I'm getting a .net Runtime 2.0 Error that reads as follows.
    EventType clr20r3, P1 untangle_service.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 48d192e7, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 39ee, P8 288, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.
    In the task manager, untangle_systray.exe is running, vmnat.exe is running, vmount2.exe is running and vmware-authd.exe is running

Some background. I'm running XP Pro SP2, A/V turned off, firewall turned off on a local admin account. Also, I have vmware workstation. I have reinstalled 3 times, cleaning out the directory each time... Will try some other tricks soon. :-)

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Pablum View Post
    I haven't had a lot of time to play around with this, but I'm getting a .net Runtime 2.0 Error that reads as follows.
    EventType clr20r3, P1 untangle_service.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 48d192e7, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 39ee, P8 288, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.
    In the task manager, untangle_systray.exe is running, vmnat.exe is running, vmount2.exe is running and vmware-authd.exe is running

Some background. I'm running XP Pro SP2, A/V turned off, firewall turned off on a local admin account. Also, I have vmware workstation. I have reinstalled 3 times, cleaning out the directory each time... Will try some other tricks soon. :-)

Justin
    If you have VMware workstation try just double-clicking on the vmx file c:\Program Files\Untangle\UntangleForWindows.vmx to see if that runs Untangle as your current user.
    Thomas Belote
    Untangle

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast