Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Exclamation Untangle for Windows Will not Start!!!

I installed Untangle for windows. It will not start up. I keep getting status changed tostatus: Starting every 30 to 60 Sec. I uninstalled and reinstalled Untangle sucessfully however I no success when I try to start Untangle. I left the computer on over night it was stuck on starting/installing Untangle. I keep getting a popup telling me status changed tostatus: Starting every 30 to 60 Sec. Please help!

I have a Laptop, HP Duo Core 2.4G W/ 1.5 Gb Ram, 160GB Drive

try the Launch VMware Console option as this will actually show you what untangle and vmware is doing.
    Thomas Belote
    Untangle

Master Untangler

i have run into the same problem. I have launched the vmware console and untangle boots and starts up and begings processing just fine. If i then proceed to reboot the machine and have it load up in the background again, it goes back to starting.... and sits there forever.

I have this same problem. Check out my post:

http://forums.untangle.com/showthread.php?t=5102

Last edited by alan3885; 09-24-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Untangler

Exclamation

Well I loaded it on my other pc and got the same thing. I did try the Launch VMware Console option. It only launched one time and it did not boot untangle or start it. I could get on line but no rack.
    So How am I going to sell this if on my two pc's it wont run what if I get out at a site it and it wont start on theres??

O I forgot, when I ran the install exe for the first time on my 2nd pc it killed my CA Anti-Virus. I rebooted and reran the install exe. I did install but when I did the first run after reboot I got a VM Error that asked me to send data to MS.
    Last edited by MorrisonS; 09-24-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: more info

Yes there is a bug in the system tray icon where it sometimes gets into a state where it will perpetually say starting and the information bubble pops up every 30 seconds.

I believe one work around is to wait longer before longing in, once Untangle is in the running state it should be more difficult for the system tray icon to get into this state.

I will work on a fix. Maybe if I post a new system tray application you could try it out?

Try quitting the system tray icon, and unzipping this into c:\Program Files\Untangle on top of the untangle_systray folder:

http://www.untangle.com/download/untangle_systray.zip
    Last edited by tbelote; 09-24-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Thomas Belote
    Untangle

Untangler

Thumbs up

I'll test it and see.
    Thanks

MorrisonS: Thanks for your time testing it
    Thomas Belote
    Untangle

Untangler

Exclamation

Well it did help. but not all the way. I have to Launch VMware Console option to get it to start. When I try to start Untangle Admin Client it will ask user and password then I get an error HTTP 500 internal server error with page (http://192.168.0.145/localstart.asp)
    I also can not click on the tray icon.

Quote Originally Posted by MorrisonS View Post
    Well it did help. but not all the way. I have to Launch VMware Console option to get it to start. When I try to start Untangle Admin Client it will ask user and password then I get an error HTTP 500 internal server error with page (http://192.168.0.145/localstart.asp)
    I also can not click on the tray icon.
    First find out why the service isn't starting.
    First reboot. The login and wait five minutes. DO NOT START ANYTHING MANUALLY.
    The open the task manager and see if you see a vmware-vmx.exe and untangle_service.exe are running.
    If not, go into control panel->administrative tools->services->Untangle and see if it thinks the service is running. It should be set to "Automatic"

After you get that starting lets figure out the login issue...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast