Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Update the firmwares... beyond that there isn't anything you can do. It is a bug in the way those routers handle PPTP traffic.

You could always use the OpenVPN client on the Linksys networks.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-15-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Any word from Untangle on when that bug is going to be fixed on the untangle side. I mean the linksys routers work fine when its not going through the untangle box. Watchgaurd, sonicwalls, ciscos, junipers all work with the linksys lets get the untangle working with them. I like the product but this part kills it for me. Way too many users at home with linksys routers I can't change.

mdh

It's not necessarily Untangle's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunguy View Post
    Any word from Untangle on when that bug is going to be fixed on the untangle side. I mean the linksys routers work fine when its not going through the untangle box. Watchgaurd, sonicwalls, ciscos, junipers all work with the linksys lets get the untangle working with them. I like the product but this part kills it for me. Way too many users at home with linksys routers I can't change.
    Asking Untangle to solve a problem with a customized linux platform that is now maintained by Cisco is a bit much...
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-16-2008 at 10:27 PM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Default same problem

I seem to be having the same problem here. And I've tested from 3 different locations, and they all have the same behavior. You can connect, but after a couple minutes, the connection drops. I'm using a built-in nic, and an older 3com 100M (probably around 6 or 7 years old). I tried a couple new hawking 1gb nics, but had no luck with that, and 1GB of RAM. I finally found a machine that I have extra RAM for, so I'm going to try it with 4GB of RAM, and see what happens.

Its just funny saying its a Linksys issue when the Linksys in question works fine with all the other products on the market except Untangle. I mean you are talking about a product line that has a 24% share of the home user market. Nobody else is even close to that. Its not reasonable to say to users "Sorry its your equipments fault it won't work with ours." When that equipment works with everyone elses. Like I said before the Untangle product is very very nice and I would support it fully, but this issue kills it.

Anyone at untangle have any tips, ideas, plans to help here?

As I've stated before... you have to either use LARGE amounts of ram, OR real network cards. I have yet to see PPTP work correctly without Intel branded and manufactured network cards installed.

The linksys issue is separate, but manifests in the same way as deficient interfaces in Untangle. And yes, it is a registered bug with Linksys... And YES it does show on other routers than Untangle. So stop thinking this is an untangle specific problem.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Ok 4 gigs of ram ad intel nics pcie pros...

4 Gigs of ram and REAL nics. I have a Linksys WRT54G and updated the firmware and adjusted the MTU settings with no luck. I have another user with the same model with no problems connecting. I have another user with a WRT54GS that can not connect. I will purchase my users wireless routers that will work. Any suggestions regarding make/model? I have some extremely unhappy remote users. But on the positive side I also have some very unhappy surfers

Untangler

Default Linksys WRT54G and WRT54GS

Quote Originally Posted by JustaHawg View Post
    4 Gigs of ram and REAL nics. I have a Linksys WRT54G and updated the firmware and adjusted the MTU settings with no luck. I have another user with the same model with no problems connecting. I have another user with a WRT54GS that can not connect. I will purchase my users wireless routers that will work. Any suggestions regarding make/model? I have some extremely unhappy remote users. But on the positive side I also have some very unhappy surfers
    I have a few of the older Linux models of these. You could always try a 3rd party firmware. I use DD-WRT myself, and VPN works fine to our Untangle box with MS VPN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast